JOB TITLE: Financial Analyst (Domestic)
Target Start Date: ASAP
Contract Length: 1 Year -
Location: 707 8th Ave SW Calgary AB
Schedule: Mon to Fri
Flexible hours or remote work: No
Travel required/allowances: No
Interview Process: in person with Mgr, Finance Crude Domestic
REASON FOR OPENING/PROJECT:
Support for Financial Analyst Team due to increased work load
CANDIDATE VALUE PROPOSITION:
This individual will be a key member of the Back Office team responsible for all finance, accounting and settlement functions required to support both the Crude Domestic business within the Trading, Supply & Logistics (TSL) organization. Crude Domestic is accountable for the supply and trading of Lease, Heavy and Light Crude Oil, Condensate, Long Haul Pipes, Mark to Market (MTM) and Offshore Barge Transport within Western Canada, US and Offshore. More specifically, this position will be focused on the Heavy Book which manages the sale of heavy upstream production, heavy feedstock requirements for Canadian and US Refining/Upgrading, and optimization of the network of physical infrastructure. This position will work closely with the Front and Middle Office and is responsible for all accounting and finance aspects of the Heavy Book business including accounting, performance measurement reporting and analysis, budgeting, forecasting, reconciliations and balancing. This individual will act as a key thought partner to the Front and Middle Office decision makers, tasked to offer their unique perspective and guidance to influence decisions..
• Ensure accurate accounting of the assigned book through monthly accruals, actualization, reporting and analysis through collaboration with the business.
• Drive the change initiative of developing meaningful performance measurement reporting and analysis, including KPI development through collaboration with the Front and Middle Offices.
• Ensure the delivery of a cohesive explanation of operational results, including both quantitative and qualitative components for discussion.
• Support the actualization process from both a volume and price perspective
• Prepare and ensure accuracy and completeness of the monthly reconciliation of key balance sheet accounts.
• Own the preparation and submission of the long-range plan, quarterly forecast and mid-month estimate in partnership with the Front Office and the TSL Consolidation Financial Analyst.
• Collaborate in all future-centric initiatives; manage the change required through all relevant aspects (people, process and systems).
• Government and other regulatory reporting.
• Ensure best practice in business processes and related documentation.
MUST HAVE QUALIFICATIONS:
• CPA Designation
• Advanced Excel and other computer skills with the ability to work within multiple systems and applications
• Advanced SAP and BW skills
• Five years of progressive experience in business / financial analysis
• Extremely passionate and motivated by change
• Uninhibited by challenge, disagreement and ambiguity
• Knowledge of MTM, US long haul pipes and Offshore barge transport method
NICE TO HAVE QUALIFICATIONS:
• Confidence to challenge the status quo; ability to identify problems, develop and implement solutions
• Highly analytical and results driven
• Strong communication skills in securing relevant information/data
• Excellent business writing and oral communication skills and the ability to communicate across business functions in an effective and professional manner
• Proven ability to work in a team environment dealing with people from various disciplines to achieve goals
• Ability to identify and resolve problems with minimal supervision
• Exceptional skills in effectively managing competing priorities, often under pressure and within rigid time constraints
• Experience in oil and gas marketing would be considered an asset