This post has expired! It was posted more than 60 days ago.
Are you passionate about public relations? Are you able to exercise initiative and judgement in strategically planning the co-ordination and control of branch, or departmental public relations programs and/or projects? Our client in Edmonton is seeking a Public Relations Officer for a three month contract. If this sounds like something you would be interested in, please apply today!
- This is a technically self-sufficient professional level of public information work
- Employees are assigned to expert level duties in the Communications Branch office, or as Department-based Public Information Officers responsible for communication activities of a Branch, specific communications programs and/or specific projects for a Department
- Employees in the classification are involved in all areas of technical and professional communications work, including preparation of communication strategies, annual programs and project budgets
- The work performed includes co-ordination of all information disbursements, information or advertising programs, audio-visual (a/v) programs, employee communications and community information
- The nature of the work requires employees to exercise initiative and judgement in strategically planning the co-ordination and control of branch, or departmental public relations programs and/or projects
- The result of this work is a high public profile for the branch, department or corporation
- The type of departmental work assigned involves a significant range of projects including a variety of public information activities at any one time
- Incumbents perform with general supervision and are functionally responsible to a senior public information officer or a Director within the Communications Branch
- University graduate in a communications, public relations or related field, supplemented by a minimum of two (2) years progressively responsible experience in a designated public relations, public affairs or public information position
- Experience using Google suite of products
To apply/register, visit our job postings at bowenworks.ca