This post has expired! It was posted more than 60 days ago.
Canbar Steel Fabricators has established a solid reputation in the fabrication and distribution reinforcing steel and related products in Alberta. We are looking to fill various positions.
Hours: Full-Time, Seasonal, Shifts may vary, some weekend work may be required
Daily tasks might include but are not limited to:
- Operate a shearing machine to cut reinforcing steel bars to specific lengths.
- Operate a bending machine to bend reinforcing steel bars to specified shape.
- Operate overhead crane to move, assemble and select material to be fabricated or shipped.
- Assemble and load orders onto trucks and trailors for shipping.
- Work effectively as part of a team to ensure productivity and efficiency.
- General production and warehouse help as required.
- Maintain the work area and equipment in a clean and safe manner.
- Work in compliance with OH&S acts and regulations
The successful candidate for all positions will have:
- Steel Toed Work Boots
- Ability to lift and maneuver without physical restrictions
- Basic math skills
- Ability and willingness to follow directions as well as the ability to work independently.
- Good understanding of customer service for both internal and external customers
- Previous production work considered an asset.
Preference given to those with 6-12 months experience in operating an overhead crane, Crane Operator Certificate is an asset.
Preference given to those with experience with Rebar, operating Shear Machine, Bending Machine etc.
Preference given to those with great work ethic, understanding of customer service and a team player.
If you have a customer-first attitude, desire to succeed and work hard you are perfect for our team.
Please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. We thank everyone for their interest, however, only qualified candidates will be contacted.