This post has expired! It was posted more than 60 days ago.
Are you a team player that thrives in a fast paced environment? Our client, a credit union located in Medicine Hat, is looking for a Relationship Manager to join their team on a permanent basis. Working closely with senior management, the successful candidate will implement a proactive approach to sales and business development by cultivating a strong working relationship with existing and potential members, local business owners, and members of the professional community. If this is a position you feel you could excel at, please apply below.
- Develop and maintain effective sales and marketing efforts on an existing portfolio to maximize Small Business and Commercial Loan growth, deposit growth and sales of peripheral products to help our members succeed in business
- Assist in managing the region’s lending and deposit activities through Team Leads including recommending rates within discretionary limits, approving loans within prescribed lending authorities and recommending to credit committee loan requests above those limits
- Evaluate requests on the basis of policy, risk, and profitability, ensuring reviews on commercial and agricultural credits are performed as required by established lending guidelines
- University degree in a business discipline or sufficient experience in lieu of education
- Demonstrated basic ability in all facets of credit granting and sales of Business Banking products over a three to seven year period
- Essential knowledge and skills include demonstrated business development skills, analytical abilities and a basic knowledge of portfolio management
- Experience working and developing relationships with members, potential members, influential community people and staff is required
- Minimum of five years of progressive lending and Commercial Banking experience
- Strong background in Business Banking, including marketing, business development underwriting and compliance
- Exceptional customer and sales skills and experience
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to answer questions and solve problems
- A talent for seeing opportunities to offer or refer products and services
- The ability to work well with others and thrive in a team-based workplace
- Detail oriented