FULL-TIME SYSTEM DEVELOPER (I.T. DEPARTMENT) – EDMONTON, AB
Position Overview: Under the direction and supervision of the Director of I.T. Services and/or CEO(s), the role of the System Developer is to provide in house software development and database management. The System Developer will be responsible for creating and maintaining optimal SQL server database architecture; analyzing, defining, and documenting requirements for data, workflow, logical processes, hardware and operating system environment, interface with other systems, internal and external checks, controls, and outputs; coordinating coding, testing, implementation, integration and documentation of solution; building analytics tools that utilize the data to provide actionable insights into customer acquisition, operational efficiency and other key business performance metrics; working with stakeholders to assist them with data-related technical issues and support their data infrastructure needs.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Advanced working SQL knowledge and experience working with relational databases, query authoring (SQL) as well as working familiarity with a variety of databases
- Demonstrated experience in performing root cause analysis on internal and external data and processes to answer specific business questions and identify opportunities for improvement
- Strong analytical skills related to working with unstructured datasets
- Experience in building processes supporting data transformation, data structures, metadata, dependency and workload management
- Strong knowledge of T-SQL with minimum of 6 years of experience in MS SQL 2005 or above
- Strong project management and organizational skills
Experience in using the following software/tools would be a strong asset:
- Excellent knowledge of T-SQL with minimum of 6 years of experience in MS SQL 2005 or above
- Design and develop ad-hoc /scheduled reports and dashboards for various business units
- Experience in writing Stored Procedures/Functions
- Experience with object-oriented/object function scripting languages: Python, Java, C++, etc.
- Experience with FileMaker database is preferred
- Proficiency in the use of computer programs for Microsoft Office, databases, e-mail, etc.
- Proficiency in the use of office equipment, such as telephone, computer, fax, photo copier, etc.
- Knowledge and understanding of Indigenous culture, customs and beliefs will be a strong asset
- A positive attitude, strong work ethic, problem solving, and ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Experience in the non-profit, charitable sector will be an asset
- Good verbal and written communication skills with proven organizational and documentation skills
Qualifications/Experience: A Graduate degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Informatics, Information Systems or another quantitative field accompanied with minimum 5 years of experience in a Data Development role.
Other Requirements: A current, clear Police Information Check and an AB Intervention Record Check (within the last 6 months).
Salary & Benefits: Salary range is $60,947.00 - $76,442.00 annually. Salary commensurate with experience. We also provide full-time employees with a 100% employer paid health benefits package (which includes vision, dental and prescription drug coverage, massage therapy, etc.) a 100% employer paid RRSP equaling 3% of annual salary, and a flexible schedule. We also offer free courses and workshops in-house for all of our employees.
Closing Date: Tues, June 11th 2019
Our values are integrity, innovation, collaboration, empowerment, customer service and accountability. If you meet the entrance criteria, hold similar values and are looking to join a dynamic team that works hard to facilitate and support growth, please submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
MPOWR is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to building a safe, inclusive environment for people of all cultures and backgrounds; all qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.