Acute Health Service Director, South Okanagan
Posted date [Jun-12-19] (ID: 103762)
Interior Health is one of six publicly funded health authorities in British Columbia. With more than 19,000 employees and nearly 1,600 physicians on our team, we are developing the future of health care through innovation and professional development.
Located in the Southern Interior of British Columbia, our beautiful region includes larger cities such as Kelowna, Kamloops, Penticton, and Vernon along with a multitude of rural communities such as Cranbrook, Golden, Ashcroft, and 100 Mile House. Interior Health is dedicated to providing the best possible service to our citizens with staff and physicians who are committed to teamwork and high quality patient care â all playing an important part in our vision to set new standards of excellence in the delivery of health services in the Province of British Columbia....
|Situated between Lake Okanagan and Skaha Lake, surrounded by vineyards and orchards, Penticton is located in the stunning southern interior of BC. Its beauty and ideal “Mediterranean like” climate with over 2,000 hours of sunshine per year combine to create an absolute paradise. Explore the endless activities such as cycling, golfing, wineries, world-class rock climbing and famous sandy beaches in the summer and skiing and snowshoeing during the winter. Penticton is an innovative and adventurous waterfront city offering all the amenities of a larger urban centre while preserving its small-town charm and warmth.
The Penticton Regional Hospital (PRH) is a 155-bed Acute Care facility in the Okanagan Health Service Area and responsible for providing core medical and surgical specialty services to surrounding population of approximately 90,000 people. PRH offers Emergency and Acute Services, Ambulatory and Out-patient Clinics, and Diagnostic/Paramedical Services. State of the art imaging services are available on site, including, MRI, CT, breast imaging, ultra sound and nuclear medicine. PRH offers inpatient services, ICU and ambulatory out-patient clinics; including pediatrics and primary care maternity clinic.
As a regional facility for the South Okanagan and Similkameen Valley, you will be joining an excellent complement of medical and surgical specialists. PRH also serves as the referral base for ematology/transfusion medicine for the smaller local hospitals in Oliver and Princeton.
The David E. Kampe Tower opened April 28, 2019 and includes a new ambulatory care centre, operating rooms, 84 single patient room inpatient beds, Medical Imaging, a new medical device reprocessing unit and space for the UBC Faculty of Medicine Program. The next phase will include a renovation and expansion of the Emergency Department.
The Acute Health Services Director is responsible for the overall development, leadership, and management of the clinical services in the South Okanagan as assigned at Penticton Regional Hospital (PRH) and Summerland Health Centre (SHC).
The Director enables the daily operations for assigned program/service areas by establishing the operational framework and infrastructure needed to support service delivery and plans. The Director allocates and manages all human, financial, and capital resources. With a strong focus on quality improvement, the Director leads and supports the continuous improvement of care processes within the assigned portfolio. The Director promotes a positive, collegial environment and works as a team player with colleagues and co-workers in identifying service delivery models and processes to ensure seamless integration of services.
- Provides leadership and direction to acute care Managers in the planning, management, and delivery of acute care services. Works with medical staff to plan and coordinate the provision of clinical medical services in the acute care facilities.
- Develops policies and strategies that ensure integrated and sustainable services consistent with the established priorities and the vision, values, and strategic direction of the organization.
- Enables an operational framework for staffing and care delivery approaches through collaborative partnerships that support patient safety, best practices, improved patient access, and effective flow of patients across the care continuum.
- Manages the financial and business operations of the assigned acute care services portfolio. Allocates funding within the budget and approves program budget recommendations and remedial strategies to achieve a balanced budget.
- Establishes effective administrative systems for maintaining, evaluating, and reporting on the operation of the portfolio in areas such as portfolio reports, quality improvements, and project activities.
- Fosters strategic and working relationships with internal and external stakeholders to identify and plan responsive delivery systems and services, and to discuss and resolve issues related to same in support of the effective and efficient integration of healthcare services and resources throughout the organization.
- Works with Network and Program Directors and Leads to support and implement IH program plans, standards, and guidelines for providing services. Directs, approves, and monitors the development and implementation of protocols and procedures for the local acute programs and services aligning with the organization’s plans and values.
- Performs other duties as required.
Demonstrates all LEADS Capabilities, in particular:
Skills and Abilities:
CLICK HERE to Apply!