Children Growing Up in Families.
We are committed to trying to keep families in crisis together. Through our support, and linking the family with other community services, the vast majority of the children we see stay in their homes with their parents. When that canāt happen, we look for another family to care for them. This could be the childās extended family. Or, if that option is not available, a foster family. We make an effort to reunite children with their parents if possible. And in our vision, if a child has to be permanently separated from their parents, then we will do the best we can to find them a permanent home and family through adoption or long-term foster care. Every child in our care will experience a safe and nurturing family. Thatās what our vision means....
This position is responsible to provide protection services to at risk children and their families and to carry
out the mandate of the Child and Family Services Act in accordance with the prescribed guidelines and
regulations to ensure child safety and positive outcomes. They are responsible for developing assessments
and service plans in collaboration with families including Kin and community services. In this role, the
emphasis is on obtaining comprehensive information about the child and family that will inform subsequent
decisions and planning processes. The incumbent is required to maintain client records and will be
responsible for completion of case documentation, social histories, correspondence and legal documents.
• Master or Bachelor of Social Work or Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in a related field with a minimum
of 3 years of related experience in a professional helping role working with families and children
• Knowledge of the Child and Family Services Act and Ministry of Children and Youth Services’
• Excellent counseling and negotiation skills
• Ability to work effectively as a member of a team
• Valid driver’s licence with access to a vehicle
• Family and counseling experience
• Child Protection Information Network (CPIN) experience an asset
• Excellent organization and writing skills
• Proficiency in a Windows environment using Microsoft Office Suite and Windows Explorer
• Familiarity with other software such as e-mail programs, case recording software
• Proficiency in the French language is also considered an asset. Selected candidates will be assessed.
How to Apply:
To apply, please email your resume and cover letter quoting the competition file number and title of
position you wish to apply for, to: email@example.com Interested and qualified applicants are invited to apply
in writing by July 03, 2019
Please include the competition number and the title of the position in the subject line of the email.
Please submit cover letter and resume as single attachment.
When applying for multiple positions, please submit a separate application for each position following
the above instructions.
For further information, please visit our website: Family and Children's Services of Frontenac Lennox and
We would like to thank all applicants; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Agency will provide support in its recruitment processes to applicants with disabilities, including
accommodation that considers an applicant's accessibility needs. If you require accommodations during
the interview process, please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org