FULL-TIME SYSTEM DEVELOPER (I.T. DEPARTMENT) – EDMONTON, AB
Position Overview: Under the direction and supervision of the Director of I.T. Services, the role of the System Developer is to provide in house software development and database management. The System Developer will be responsible for creating and maintaining optimal SQL server database architecture; analyzing, defining, and documenting requirements for data, workflow, logical processes, hardware and operating system environment, interface with other systems, internal and external checks, controls, and outputs; coordinating coding, testing, implementation, integration and documentation of solution; building analytics tools that utilize the data to provide actionable insights into customer acquisition, operational efficiency and other key business performance metrics; working with stakeholders to assist them with data-related technical issues and support their data infrastructure needs.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Advanced working SQL knowledge and experience working with relational databases, query authoring (SQL) as well as working familiarity with a variety of databases,
- Demonstrated experience in performing root cause analysis on internal and external data and processes to answer specific business questions and identify opportunities for improvement
- Strong analytical skills related to working with unstructured datasets
- Experience in building processes supporting data transformation, data structures, metadata, dependency and workload management
- Experience developing web applications
- Strong project management and organizational skills
Experience in the following would be a strong asset:
- Designing and developing ad-hoc/scheduled reports and dashboards for various business units
- Experience in writing Stored Procedures/Functions
- Experience with object-oriented/object function scripting languages: Python, Java, C++, etc.
- Experience with FileMaker database
- Proficiency in the use of computer programs for Microsoft Office
- A positive attitude, strong work ethic, problem solving, and ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Experience in the non-profit, charitable sector
- Good verbal and written communication skills with proven organizational and documentation skills
Qualifications/Experience: A diploma or degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Informatics, Information Systems or another quantitative field with minimum of 2 years of experience in MS SQL 2005.
Other Requirements: A current, clear Police Information Check and an AB Intervention Record Check (within the last 6 months).
Salary & Benefits: Salary range is $60,947.00 - $76,442.00 annually. Salary commensurate with experience. We also provide full-time employees with a 100% employer paid health benefits package (which includes vision, dental and prescription drug coverage, massage therapy, etc), a 100% employer paid RRSP equaling 3% of annual salary, and a flexible schedule. We also offer free courses and workshops in-house for all of our employees.
Closing Date: July 17th, 2019
Our values are integrity, innovation, collaboration, empowerment, customer service and accountability. If you meet the entrance criteria, hold similar values and are looking to join a dynamic team that works hard to facilitate and support growth, please submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note: Currently our website is under construction, so website presence is limited.
MPOWR is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to building a safe, inclusive environment for people of all cultures and backgrounds; all qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.