Interior Health is one of six publicly funded health authorities in British Columbia. With more than 19,000 employees and nearly 1,600 physicians on our team, we are developing the future of health care through innovation and professional development.
Located in the Southern Interior of British Columbia, our beautiful region includes larger cities such as Kelowna, Kamloops, Penticton, and Vernon along with a multitude of rural communities such as Cranbrook, Golden, Ashcroft, and 100 Mile House. Interior Health is dedicated to providing the best possible service to our citizens with staff and physicians who are committed to teamwork and high quality patient care â all playing an important part in our vision to set new standards of excellence in the delivery of health services in the Province of British Columbia....
Hardy View Lodge (HVL), located in Grand Forks at Boundary Hospital, embodies a patient-centered philosophy designed to support patients’ choices, help people function at their highest level, and provide the best quality of life possible.
This facility is an 80 bed facility with five cottage style units. 60 beds are all individual with showers in the bathroom area. The 20 bed unit has two semi private rooms and the remaining 16 rooms are private. The emphasis at HVL is on teamwork and cooperation with supportive coworkers and a great group of clients and families!
As the Long-term Care Attendant (LTCA) you will work as an integral part of a dynamic, multi-disciplinary team, who provide care and support in a long-term care setting. Working under the direction of RN’s and LPN’s, LTCA’s have key responsibilities in the individual care plan for each client, ensuring their physical, emotional and social needs are supported, while promoting maximum independence.
We currently have a Permanent Part Time opportunity working rotating days and nights with shift times of 06:00 to 12:00 or 23:30 to 06:30. The successful candidate will be eligible for a fantastic benefit plan including paid vacation and sick time, health and welfare benefits and a great pension plan.
Typical duties include:
• Assist clients with personal care and activities of daily living
• Assist with mobility, transfers and related equipment
• Perform nursing procedures such as taking temperature, pulse and respiration
• Housekeeping activities relating to maintaining a safe and healthy environment
• Observe and report changes in behavior and condition
• Accompany clients on outings and during social activities
• Perform clerical duties and delegated tasks
Interior Health strives to create an environment where you enjoy the work you do, the place where you work, and the people around you. Everyone plays a role in the care continuum. Together, we create great workplaces.
Come and join us! Our focus is on giving people room to grow, to make an impact in the lives of others.
• Grade 10
• Graduation from a recognized Nursing Assistant / Health Care Aide Program or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience
• Registration with the BC Care Aide & Community Health Worker registry (please include your active number)
Along with a copy of your cover letter and resume, please upload a copy of your care aide certificate.