Interior Health is one of six publicly funded health authorities in British Columbia. With more than 19,000 employees and nearly 1,600 physicians on our team, we are developing the future of health care through innovation and professional development.
Located in the Southern Interior of British Columbia, our beautiful region includes larger cities such as Kelowna, Kamloops, Penticton, and Vernon along with a multitude of rural communities such as Cranbrook, Golden, Ashcroft, and 100 Mile House. Interior Health is dedicated to providing the best possible service to our citizens with staff and physicians who are committed to teamwork and high quality patient care â all playing an important part in our vision to set new standards of excellence in the delivery of health services in the Province of British Columbia....
Castlegar Home Support is seeking a Permanent Part Time Community Health Worker to join their team! The ideal candidate will have completed a health care assistant program, current registration with the BC Care Aide Registry, and a passion for providing client-centered care.
As a Community Health Worker, you will work as part of a dynamic team of Nurses and LPNs who support Community Clients’ independence and ability to stay at home. Community Health Workers provide home support services to clients, by assisting with personal care and daily living, while promoting maximum independence. Community Health Workers are key players in the home health care plan for each client.
Typical duties include:
• Activities of daily personal care, such as bathing, dressing, grooming and oral hygiene
• Household duties related to maintaining a safe and healthy environment in the home
• Meal preparation in accordance with designated plans
• Assistance with mobility and transfers
• Observing and reporting changes in client behaviour and condition
• Performing delegated tasks according with training and procedures
This is a Permanent Part Time (26 hours per week) opportunity working evening shifts from Friday to Tuesday (Wednesday and Thursday off) from 15:00 to 23:00.Note: there is an anticipated schedule change coming in September so the schedule will be changing (possibly to a day/evening rotation).
Because you are required to use your own vehicle to travel to clients’ houses, we provide an insurance differential as well as reimbursing your mileage. In addition, this position also qualifies for our full comprehensive benefits plan including health and welfare benefits, paid vacation and sick time and a great pension plan.
If you are looking for the opportunity to work regular hours with a fun, supportive and progressive team, apply today!
• Grade 12
• Graduation from a recognized Resident Care Aide/Home Support Worker Program, or an equivalent combination of education, training and relevant experience
• BC Care Aide and Community Health Worker registry (please include your number)
• Current valid BC Drivers’ License and use of a reliable vehicle
*Along with your CV or resume please upload a copy of your Health Care Aide certificate.*