This post has expired! It was posted more than 60 days ago.
Midwest Surveys is an employee-owned professional land surveying firm providing geomatics deliverables designed for oil & gas, utility, construction and municipal applications through our ten offices in Saskatchewan, Alberta, and British Columbia.
Survey Assistant’s Role:
In this position, you will be assisting a Crew Chief in performing all types of field surveying.
Survey Assistant duties include:
- Assisting a Crew Chief in locating property boundaries, buildings, structures and other natural or human-made features;
- Operation of Global Positioning System (GPS), a variety of survey equipment, and off-road vehicles; and
- Maintenance of hand and power tools, survey equipment, vehicles, and supplies.
The successful candidate will have:
- High school diploma
- Valid class 5 driver's license (driver’s abstract required at time of interview)
- Previous Survey Assistant experience of 1-5 years is considered an asset
- Willingness and availability to work a varied schedule based on client demands. This may include working in remote locations, rotational schedules and extended work days (overtime eligible)
- Knowledge in the operation of Total Station and GPS equipment
- Familiarity with all facets of surveying; including well site surveys, pipeline surveys and line locating
- Safety training (i.e. H2S, First Aid, ATV, etc.) is required and must be up-to-date
- Travel out of town will be required
- Compliance with our drug and alcohol policy, which includes screening
- Physical ability to perform the requirements of the job
- Willingness to work in all types of weather conditions
- Previous experience with 4X4 trucks, all-terrain vehicles and snowmobiles is considered an asset
- ATV and line locating certifications are considered an asset
Why Choose Midwest?
Midwest Surveys is a 100% employee owned company that values its people! Celebrating over 70 years in the industry, we have been ranked as one of the 50 Best Employers in Canada and a Top Employer in Alberta. We have also been recognized as a top health benefits provider and have been named the Best Workplace in Alberta for Health and Safety.
Midwest Surveys actively supports local communities, charities and is committed to a high level of ethics. We pride ourselves on providing an outstanding work environment!
For more information on working with Midwest Surveys please visit the Careers section of our website, www.midwestsurveys.com.
All applications will be kept confidential.
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.