|Interior Health is currently seeking a Long-term Care Attendant to join their fabulous team at Coquihalla Gillis House in Merritt!
Gillis House embodies a client-centered philosophy designed to support clients’ choices, help people function at their highest level, and provide the best quality of life possible. This facility is a one storey, stand alone complex care facility with 74 long-term care beds. Rooms consist of four, two, and single dwelling accommodations. There are ceiling track lifts in each room and the rooms are wheelchair accessible.
The growing city of Merritt is the service centre for the ranch country of the Nicola Valley and provides an excellent base for exploring the many outdoor recreational opportunities in all seasons. It is particularly scenic in the early fall, when rolling fields and forest foliage take on a golden glow. Merritt is also ideally located as a central hub with access to the lower mainland, Kelowna and Kamloops!
As the Long-term Care Attendant (LTCA) you will work as an integral part of a dynamic, multi-disciplinary team, who provide care and support in a long-term care setting. Working under the direction of RN’s and LPN’s, LTCA’s have key responsibilities in the individual care plan for each client, ensuring their physical, emotional and social needs are supported, while promoting maximum independence.
Typical duties include:
• Assist clients with personal care and activities of daily living
• Assist with mobility, transfers and related equipment
• Perform nursing procedures such as taking temperature, pulse and respiration
• Housekeeping activities relating to maintaining a safe and healthy environment
• Observe and report changes in behavior and condition
• Accompany clients on outings and during social activities
• Perform clerical duties and delegated tasks
This is a Permanent Part Time (0.67 FTE) opportunity at Coquihalla Gillis House working an evening rotation with shift times of 15:30 to 20:30. Successful applicants will be eligible for our full comprehensive benefits plan including medical and dental coverage, group life and disability insurance, paid sick and vacation time and an excellent pension!
If you are hoping for more work, there are also plenty of casual hours available on day, evening and night shifts and we are especially in need of staff to work nights and weekends.
If you are looking for employment that offers you plenty of hours, a great experience skillset, and a supportive and fun team atmosphere, apply today!
Come and join us! Our focus is on giving people room to grow, to make an impact in the lives of others.
• Grade 10
• Graduation from a recognized Nursing Assistant / Health Care Aide Program or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience
• Registration with the BC Care Aide & Community Health Worker registry (please include your active number)
*Along with a copy of your CV or resume, please upload a copy of your certificate as well*
CLICK HERE To Apply!