Do you pride yourself on your positive attitude and strong work ethics? Are you dedicated to delivering patient-centered care? Then we want you to come join our team at Lytton Home Support!
Known as the “Rafting Capital of Canada,” the village of Lytton is located on a bench of land in the spectacular Fraser Canyon of southwestern British Columbia, with scenic views of the juncture of the Thompson and Fraser Rivers. Lytton’s Gold Rush history and First Nations culture are evident in its preserved buildings and archives, as well as through special events such as the Remembrance Day Pow Wow. The dry climate, relaxing lifestyle and affordable housing of the area attracts retirees and young families. With employment opportunities at the local sawmill, government agencies and in education, the community has grown in recent years. In addition to rafting, recreational opportunities in the area include river or lake fishing, camping, swimming, hiking, cross-country skiing and snowmobiling. Definitely a destination of unique and exciting adventures, the mild seasons of the area make Lytton a wonderful playground, abounding with magnificent scenery.
As a Community Health Worker, you will work as part of a dynamic team of Nurses and LPNs who support Community Clients’ independence and ability to stay at home. Community Health Workers provide home support services to clients, by assisting with personal care and daily living, while promoting maximum independence. Community Health Workers are key players in the home health care plan for each client.
Typical duties include:
• Activities of daily personal care, such as bathing, dressing, grooming and oral hygiene
• Household duties related to maintaining a safe and healthy environment in the home
• Meal preparation in accordance with designated plans
• Assistance with mobility and transfers
• Observing and reporting changes in client behaviour and condition
• Performing delegated tasks according with training and procedures
Due to the increasing demand for services in Lytton we have added this new permanent part time position. The successful applicant will work in windows between the hours of 08:00 and 18:00 on Sunday through Thursday (Friday and Saturdays off) and working up to full time hours each week (40.0). There is also the opportunity to pick up additional shifts in Lytton or surrounding areas (Ashcroft) as a casual.
In addition, because you are required to use your own vehicle to travel to clients’ homes, we provide an insurance differential as well as reimbursing your mileage (note: only travel to clients’ homes will be reimbursed, not travel to Lytton for work). This position also qualifies for our full comprehensive benefits plan including health and welfare benefits, paid vacation and sick time and a great pension.
If you are looking for the opportunity to work guaranteed paid hours in a beautiful rural setting, apply today!
• Grade 12
• Graduation from a recognized Resident Care Aide/Home Support Worker Program, or an equivalent combination of education, training and relevant experience
• BC Care Aide and Community Health Worker registry (please include your number)
• Current valid BC Drivers’ License and use of a reliable vehicle
*Along with your CV or resume please upload a copy of your Health Care Aide certificate.*
CLICK HERE To Apply!