Clinician and Clinical Consultant
Arete HR Inc.
210-8180 Macleod Trail S
Calgary, AB, T2H 2B8
Arete® is a bilingual company committed to improving the wellbeing of Canadians through our excellent assistance programs. We support Canadian insurers, corporations, organizations, associations and unions, and individuals. Our assistance program services include psycho-social counselling, strategies for disability prevention, legal and financial advice for individuals and small businesses, plus education and support for business managers. Founded in 2009, we are an innovative, fast-growing company that conducts standardized, evidence-based research done with an independent researcher. We use this to objectively demonstrate our positive impact and outcomes and to continuously improve our services and offerings. Nation-wide, we are where people, organizations and research come together.
We are excited to expand our team of internal counselling service providers, and our main corporate office in S.E. Calgary. This role is part of the Clinical Department, comprised of Clinical Coordinators and an in-house Registered Psychologist. The role of the team is to provide our assistance program users with access to services and manage and support the external network of Clinical Affiliates. The role of this position, reporting to a Registered Psychologist and Clinical Project Manager, is to provide direct counselling services to assistance program users, community members, and other contracted referral sources. Other leadership administrative, project management, and research opportunities may be available to the ideal candidate as well.
- Provide psychological counselling services to Arete assistance program users, as well as other applicable contracts or clientele, including community members and fee for service. Maintain a minimum required case load (range of 80-90 client sessions per month depending on responsibilities). Possibly delivering psychoeducational information sessions.
Secondary Responsibilities (depending on candidate hired):
- Support the Clinical Coordinator team, in their provision of the Assistance Programs
- Consultation support
- Risk assessment support
- Audit files for clinical accuracy and quality assurance
- Consultation on clinical policies and procedures
- Supporting the external Clinical Affiliate network in their counselling service provision
- Manage the network based on client need across Canada
- Vet and recruit applicants
- Provide consultations, clinical and reporting guidance when necessary
- To support the ongoing development of the clinical sections of e-Tera™, an online reporting database for our clinical network
- Act as a liaison and support person between independent researchers and Arete’s clinical team
- Minimum Master’s degree, PhD preferred in Counselling Psychology or related field, with minimum 5 years of counselling experience.
- Maintain up-to-date registration provincially or federally.
- Maintain a minimum amount of 2 million in professional liability/malpractice insurance.
- Competent in delivery of psychological/clinical counselling and general assessments to clientele of all age groups (children, adolescents, adults, couples, families).
- Committed to ethical, confidential, professional client care.
- Demonstrate effective rapport building skills and excellent communication both verbal and written. Bilingual competencies in French and English an asset.
- Caseload management, organization and leadership skills.
- Ability to work with colleagues within an interdisciplinary team approach as well as work independently with minimal supervision.
- Able to work in a variety of theoretical orientations, to best suit clients’ mental health needs. Experience and training in evidence-based therapies, as well as competent in brief, solution focused therapies.
- Knowledge and understanding of DSM 5 diagnostic criteria.
- EAP industry experience an asset.
- Private windowed, furnished counselling office in S.E. Calgary
- Confidential file storage, client waiting room, free parking
- Telephone, internet, printer, fax, scan available, kitchen and other amenities
- Monthly supervision and peer consultation provided
- Full benefits package
- Working both independently as well as in a peer-oriented model with other clinical colleagues
- Full time role, option for flexible hours
- Regular referrals
Please submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com
to become part of our team today.
We thank all applicants, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.