CMC Concrete Ltd. is looking for an experienced, hard working and motivated individual to work with us as a Concrete Finisher.
- Completion of High School
- minimum of 3 years of Concrete experience (Nozzleman or Shotcrete Finisher preferred)
- Applies cement mortar or concrete to exposed earth, masonry, wood forms, steel or other surfaces.
- Tends hose through which concrete or cement is pumped to fill forms and crevices or to coat surfaces.
- Moves and holds supply hose as spraying progresses, using rope sling or harness.
- Drags screed over finished surface to cut and clean spots from surface.
- Cuts and squares corners, using trowel.
- Assists workers engaged in erecting and moving scaffolds and in coupling and uncoupling pipe.
- Assists in application of reinforcement materials such as steel rods, steel mesh and/ or fibers.
- Conduct preconstruction field trials of shotcrete production and application prior to starting production shotcreting. make field trials, and construct test panels on wood forms (if required).
- Clean loose material, mud, rebound, and other foreign matter from all surfaces which are to receive shotcrete.
- Submit results of shotcrete testing samples and proposed shotcrete mix design to supervisor.
- Conduct preconstruction field trials of shotcrete production and application prior to starting the actual job.
- Applies shotcrete mixture as approved by inspector, engineer or supervisor at a uniform rate to insure adherence of material to the treated surface with minimum rebound and maximum density.
- Confirms mix proportions of cement, aggregate, and admixtures to obtain the specified strengths, entrained air content, and set times specified.
- Prepare production test panels (if required).
- Apply shotcrete as per project specifications, designs, and procedures.
- May assist in obtaining in-place test cores from completed work.
- Operates and/or is familiar with boom-lifts (manlift) or similar equipment.
- Fill hollows and remove spots on freshly poured cement.
- Operate power vibrators to compact concrete.
- Level top surface concrete according to grade and depth specification.
- Impart desired finish to concrete surfaces using hand and power tools.
- Install anchor bolts, steel plates, door sills and other fixtures.
- Apply hardening and sealing components to cure surfaces.
- Waterproof, damp proof and restore surfaces.
- Repair, resurface and replace worn or damaged sections of concrete structures.
- Prepare floors for installations.
$35 /hr for 40 hours per week, Permanent, Full time
Various Job Locations primarily in Calgary but some travel outside the city may be required.
How to apply
CMC Concrete Ltd.
53 Wakefield Dr. SW
Calgary, AB, T3C 2W8