Do you pride yourself on your positive attitude and adaptability? Are you dedicated to delivering patient-centered care? Then we want you to come join our team at Mount Cartier Court!
Mt. Cartier Court located in beautiful Revelstoke offers long-term living for individuals with complex health needs. Our mission is to offer the very best in care services, quality of life, and to respect each individual’s preferences. We offer a range of services provided by caring professionals in a home-like environment. We have a complement of health professionals including: occupational therapist, physiotherapist, pharmacist, dietitian, diabetes educator, as well as excellent physician support. Nursing staff is on duty on a 24-hour basis. We have 44 private rooms over three distinct wings or what we call “cottages.” Each cottage has a warmly decorated living room with comfortable seating, all have large new televisions, and two have pianos. The decorations throughout the cottages change with each holiday and new season. Our building is relatively new and very well kept. We opened our doors to the community in 2006.
As the Long-term Care Attendant (LTCA) you will work as an integral part of a dynamic, multi-disciplinary team, who provide cares and support in a long-term care setting. Working under the direction of RNs and LPNs, LTCAs have key responsibilities in the individual care plan for each person in their care, ensuring their physical, emotional and social needs are supported, while promoting maximum independence.
We currently have MULTIPLE temporary part time opportunities (0.97 FTE, 0.99 FTE, 0.84 FTE) with the opportunity to pick up additional shifts if you wish. Shifts are rotating evening and night shifts (15:00 to 23:00 and 23:00 to 07:00). If you remain in a temporary position for at least six months, Interior Health offers a generous Benefits package including employer paid Health and Welfare benefits.
Typical duties include:
• Assist individuals with personal care and activities of daily living
• Assist with mobility, transfers and related equipment
• Perform nursing procedures such as taking temperature, pulse and respiration
• Housekeeping activities relating to maintaining a safe and healthy environment
• Observe and report changes in individual’s behavior and condition
• Accompany individuals on outings and during social activities
• Perform clerical duties and delegated tasks
This is your opportunity to join a great team that really cares about the individuals in their care and about their community. Apply today!
Find more information about applying and working as a Health Care Assistant at Interior Health here. Or contact Cassandra (our Health Care Assistant Recruiter for Revelstoke) directly! Cassandra.email@example.com or 250-469-7070 L12653
• We invite applicants to self-identify as First Nation, Métis or Inuit within cover letters and/or resumes.
• Interior Health now offers assistance from an Aboriginal Employment Advisor. If you self-identify as Aboriginal (First Nations, Métis or Inuit) and if you would like assistance with the application process, job readiness, interview readiness or tips for resume and cover letter writing, send your question via email to AboriginalEmployment@interiorhealth.ca to be redirected to the Employment Advisor.