Daycare Worker – Happytime Childcare
- Location: 3504 26 Avenue SW Calgary, AB
- Employer: 1556482 Alberta Ltd. o/a Happytime Childcare
- Salary $17.00 / Hour
- Vacancies 2 Vacancies
- Employment groups: Indigenous people, Newcomers to Canada
- Terms of employment Permanent, Full time 35 to 40 Hours / Week
- Start date As soon as possible
- Employment conditions: Day
Education: Secondary (high) school graduation certificate or equivalent experience
Experience: Experience an asset
- Completion of secondary school is required.
- Experience in child care is required.
- Completion of an early childhood education assistant certificate program or post-secondary courses in early childhood education may be required.
- Licensing by a provincial or territorial association for early childhood educators (ECE) required.
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities: Repetitive tasks, Attention to detail, Combination of sitting, standing, walking
Personal Suitability: Punctuality, Values and ethics, Reliability, Interpersonal awareness, Judgement, Dependability, Flexibility, Effective interpersonal skills, Team player
Work Setting: Day care centre or nursery school
Credentials (certificates, licences, memberships, courses, etc.) Child development worker (ECE level 2), Child development supervisor (ECE level 3), First Aid Certificate
Assist early childhood educators or supervisors in keeping records, Attend staff meetings to discuss progress and problems of children, Plan and organize activities for school-age children in child-care programs before and after regular school hours, Supervise and co-ordinate activities of other early childhood educators and early childhood educator assistants
Lead activities by telling or reading stories, teaching songs and taking children to local points of interest, Guide and assist children in the development of proper eating, dressing and toilet habits, Plan and maintain an environment that protects the health, security and well-being of children
Support early childhood educators in carrying out programs that promote the physical, cognitive, emotional and social development of children, Engage children in activities by telling stories, teaching songs and preparing crafts, Prepare snacks and arrange rooms or furniture for lunch and rest periods, Submit written observations on children to early childhood educators or supervisors, Discuss progress and problems of children at staff meetings
How to apply
By email: firstname.lastname@example.orgBy mail: 3504 26 Ave SW Calgary, AB T3E 0N5