Countryside Nurseries is seeking an applicant for full-time, two-year contract employment at their location in DeWinton, AB.
Responsibilities will include:
· Care and maintenance of trees, shrubs, perennials, and annuals, including watering, fertilizing, weeding, pruning, and application of chemicals
· Shipping, receiving, and labelling of plant materials, moving and re-organizing trees and plants
· Assisting with propagation of plant materials.
· Operation of field equipment such as tractors and skid steers
· Assisting management with inventory and quality control
· Supervision of a small team of workers
Our anticipated start date for this position will be mid-March 2020, depending on weather. Successful applicants will be available for work throughout the seasons and hours of work will vary as in any agribusiness in the region. Overtime and weekends will be required during busy periods.
Essential skills include:
· Minimum 1 – 2 years of experience working well with and leading a team of workers
· Minimum 1 – 2 years of experience in horticultural/agricultural industries
· Knowledge regarding regional species and varieties of plants and their care, ability to recognize and treat symptoms of plant disease or disorder
· Knowledge of and experience with various methods of propagation of soft and hardwood plants (cuttings, budding, grafting, etc.)
· Ability to monitor the safe use and calibration of equipment
· Ability to work outdoors for long hours in all weather conditions
· Valid Driver’s License (Class 5 minimum)
· Must be able to lift and handle up to 50lbs
Apply with resume to firstname.lastname@example.org