BML Canada Inc. is hiring a position of Tour Manager based in Calgary, Alberta.
You responsibilities include:
• accompany groups travelling by coach, or in some cases by car, boat, train or plane
• welcome groups of tourists at their starting point and announce details of travel arrangements and stop-over points
• check tickets and other relevant documents, seat allocations and any special requirements
• assist tourists with check-in and settle them into their accommodation
• communicate a range of information on itineraries, destinations and culture
• use professional knowledge to answer questions from tourists and to fulfil their expectations of the tour
• make sure all travel arrangements run according to plan and that accommodation, meals and service are satisfactory
• organise entry to attractions and transport, such as car hire
• ensure that the tour is running smoothly for individual members of the group • respond to questions and offer help with any problems that arise
• deal with emergencies, such as helping a group/tour member who is ill or those needing to contact family members urgently • make contact in advance with places to stay or visit to check details and arrangements • liaise with hotels, coach companies, restaurants and other clients
• advise about facilities, such as sights, restaurants and shops, at each destination
• make accommodation bookings on proposed dates
• organise and attend tourism events, conferences, workshops, seminars and exhibitions
• write reports and maintain records • provide feedback after a tour as part of a debrief session.