ITRES Research Limited is a Calgary-based company specializing in the design/ production and operational use of airborne remote sensing instrumentation. ITRES provides support for service, training, image processing as well as imagery interpretation for world-wide clients. Our objective is to provide the finest hyperspectral and broadband instrumentation in the world.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- General support for other ITRES’ divisions (service, marketing, production, etc.)
- Developing and integrating software for ITRES hyperspectral and thermal imagers, multi-instrument command and control software, remote sensing data analysis tools, responsible for full life-cycle development (plan, design, verify, certify) of desktop and embedded software for ITRES’ instruments, typically done in C/C++.
Qualifications for the position include:
- At least 5 years of experience in software development in Windows and Linux environment
- Strong programming background in C/C++, creating software for real-time systems, hands-on coding on CPU and DSP
- Experience supporting all stages of the development cycle
- Understanding of computer architecture, knowledge of OS internals
- Understanding and ability to develop communication software that uses TCP/IP, Ethernet, RS-232 and USB hardware and protocols.
- Familiarity with software configuration management tools, version control, defect tracking tools, and peer review
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical or Electronics Engineering, or Computer Science
- Pass a Security Clearance Application
- Java / Python
- Computer vision and machine learning
- Knowledge of Avionics Sensors
- Geomatics knowledge
ITRES provides drug, dental, RRSP benefits upon completion of a probationary period.
Please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to: (403) 250-9916.
Only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Thank you.