|Try Anywhere.ca - A Public Photo Gallery Hosting Images Of Canada!|
At Eleven Points Logistics we’re lucky. We get to work in one of the most exciting, important and ever-changing fields in global business - supply chain management. Our excitement shows in our work and in our customer relationships. And we are opening up a brand new, state of the art, distribution centre that is over 1 million square feet!
Days, Afternoons, Weekend day and Weekend night shifts available – please indicate availability
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE
The Operations Supervisoris responsible for the day to day distribution operations related to the receiving, storing, packing, and shipping of merchandise. Reporting to the Operations Manager, the incumbent supervises associates to achieve team key performance objectives, while maintaining safe practices.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Supervising the department area, prepare work schedules to ensure the workflow meets or exceeds the customer and EPL standards.
- Managing specific area of responsibility as directed by the Operations Manager.
- Ensuring the efficient and safe operation of all material handling equipment.
- Maintaining a clean work area and free of all safety hazards at all time.
- Conducting daily start up meetings as well as weekly safety meetings.
- Ensuring customer service and quality standards are met.
- Developing and maintaining a productive work team by assisting in hiring, training and associate development.
- Maintaining a positive work environment and resolve associate concerns.
- Completing all necessary reports in a timely and accurate manner.
- Becoming knowledgeable of the responsibilities of the other Supervisors to assist as required and act as backup as required.
- Ensuring compliance with EPL Core Excellence Audit in accordance with established procedures.
- Actively participate in all culture building initiatives and facilitate ongoing implementation.
- Drive proactive communications and lead by example.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Completion of secondary school with at least two (2) to five (2) years experience in a supervisory capacity.
- Ability to promote and ensure a quality driven and safety conscious environment.
- Demonstrated excellence in customer and internal relationship building.
- Must have excellent communication skills, both written and oral, and the ability to effectively interact with EPL. customers and associates.
- Must have ability to remain flexible in a dynamic work environment.
- Demonstrated knowledge and user experience with Excel, Access, E-Mail, and Word Documents.
- Excellent organizational, analytical, prioritization and problem solving skills.
- Previous 3PL experience is an asset.