This post has expired! It was posted more than 60 days ago.
March of Dimes draws on 60 years of experience serving people with physical disabilities of all ages. We are the largest community-based rehabilitation and advocacy organization for people with physical disabilities in Ontario. The organization operates programs and services through over 90 sites, has control over three subsidiary non-profits and delivers government funded and donor funded services to over 40,000 consumers annually across the province and across Canada.
Location: Calgary, Alberta
The Regional Development Manager will establish local relationships with community based organizations that serve people with disabilities, local and provincial governments, regional health authorities, funders and corporations. As a member of the National Programs team, the Regional Development Manager is actively engaged in the identification, planning, development, evaluation and growth of programs designed to enhance and support the full basket of March of Dimes services.
The Regional Development Manager will assist the National Manager, Regional Development and Conductive Education by supporting our existing Post Polio, Stroke and Caregiver chapters and associate member groups, as well as, in the development of new groups and services in the community.
- Create and build relationships with key stakeholders (community agencies, community, industry)
- Deliver presentations in the community to increase awareness of MODC programs and services
- Liaise with chapters and Group Development Coordinator (GDC) to ensure local volunteers receive timely services and the chapters maintain good financial health
- Coordinate major mailings, including the coordination of volunteer assistance
- Support production and dissemination of materials to chapters for events
- Support meetings, on-site events and major departmental events such as annual leadership training
- In conjunction with the Education and Health Promoter, identify chapter/group needs and manage relationships for media relations and awareness events
- Support financial transactions for the department and follow-up on financial enquiries from chapters pertaining to their accounts, in coordination with the Finance department
- Assist with long and short term program plans in conjunction GDC to meet established targets
- Post-secondary degree in a related area
- Minimum three years of related experience working in Not for Profit sector
- Proven expertise in volunteer resource development and volunteer management
- Ability to build professional relationships, up to and including the executive level
- Demonstrates professional, customer-focused behavior
- Demonstrated research and analytical skills
- Works effectively with, and demonstrates respect for others
- Ability to communicate positively and effectively both in verbal and written form
- Self-motivated to achieve results
- Masters own routines effectively and keeps current on overall activities of the department/program
- Good organizational and planning skills
- Quality-oriented in all work produced and services provided
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Demonstrated ability to problem-solve, make recommendations, and take action based on best available information and input from others
- Demonstrates willingness and ability to accept and apply new methods and techniques to performance of work
- Demonstrated flexibility to changing demands of the job, including non-traditional hours, multiple tasks and deadlines
- Driver’s license essential and access to a reliable vehicle
Please send cover letter and resume no later than December 14, 2012 to:
10 Overlea Blvd. Toronto, ON M4H 1A4
As part of its commitment to Employment Equity, March of Dimes encourages applications from qualified members of the four designated groups: women, aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities, and visible minorities.