|Try Anywhere.ca - A Public Photo Gallery Hosting Images Of Canada!|
The Assistant Buyer provides support in day-to-day general purchasing and supply-chain control work. This position is responsible for purchasing and negotiating materials, equipment, and supplies from vendors and evaluates vendor quotes and services to determine most desirable suppliers.
• Creates, releases, changes, and expedites purchase orders to meet production schedules and to maintain appropriate inventory levels
• Plans and orders offshore components and finished goods
• Controls and monitors material requirements planning (MRP) reports and kanbans
• Maintains sources of supply by ensuring optimum communications with suppliers, identifies and monitors new opportunities
• Performs vendor analysis using statistical techniques
• Identifies needs for RFQ’s and performs the whole process
• Sources new suppliers, creates and uses SRS reports
• Ensures purchasing accordance with the Quality Management System
• Issue NCRs and/or SCARs, receive jobs into Syspro
• Investigate and resolve invoice discrepancies from shipping companies
• Create annual NAFTA Certificate Of Origin, issue and track our NAFTA certificate as requested
• Provides support to the warehouse as required
• Minimum 2 years relevant experience in supply-chain work
• Familiarity with modern manufacturing concepts, particularly MRP, JIT, and kanban.
• Strong understanding of inventory control and production scheduling techniques
• Excellent communication, problem solving skills and an ability to work independently
• Proficient in Microsoft Office, Project, Excel, Access, and Outlook
Please send your resume and cover letter including salary expectations to:
We thank all interested applicants, however only qualified candidates will be contacted.