Based out of Kamloops, BC, A&T Project Developments is one of the leading general contracting firms located in the Thompson-Okanagan Region. Founded in 1992, A&T Project Developments has grown into the success it is today through its commitment to provide innovative solutions and exceed client expectations.About the Opportunity
Currently, A&T Project Developments is searching for a motivated Project Manager / Estimator in Kamloops, BC.
The main responsibility of this role is to estimate and manage the daily details of projects, including overseeing purchases, subcontracting, and changes and coordination of office and field activities during the construction period.
With the ultimate goal of completing projects on-time and on-budget, you will:
- Perform accurate estimating for assigned projects (estimating costs of materials, labour, equipment, and subcontractor’s work);
- Purchase major materials and subcontracts economically and expeditiously for projects assigned;
- Efficiently coordinate field and office activities on assigned projects, including job scheduling activities;
- Prepare progress reports in relation to costing, and prepare data for monthly invoices, in conjunction with the Job Superintendent;
- Assure that details and submittals are received, submitted, corrected, approved and returned to the suppliers and subcontractors to assure delivery of materials and equipment to support progress schedules;
- Maintain and supervise adequate estimate and plan files;
- Attend seminars on estimating, management and construction techniques as the President requests; and
- Liaise with various stakeholders like consultants, inspectors, architects, etc.
We invite you to apply if you have the following:
- At least 10 years of experience in the construction industry;
- At least 5 years in a managerial role (preferably Project Management);
- Experience working with Microsoft Word and Excel (2007 and/or 2010);
- Working knowledge of Maestro (or a similar database system);
- Project Management qualifications an asset; and
- LEED certified an asset.
In addition, you will need to be familiar with using Microsoft Outlook, and you must be proficient in blueprint reading. You must have your own vehicle (preferably a truck).
We are searching for positive individual with an excellent work ethic and the ability to lead a motivated team towards success. You will have excellent communication skills, both in verbal and written situations and your ability to manage and coordinate people as well as tasks will serve you well.
This role would be perfect for a senior level candidate who has experience bidding on larger scale projects. Importantly, you will use your superior communication skills to converse and liaise with clients and other stakeholders while working on projects.About the Benefits
In exchange for all your hard work and dedication, you can look forward to receiving a highly attractive salary of $65,000, plus bonuses!
To compliment your salary, you can also take advantage of the following list of benefits:
- Health, Dental, Vision, Prescriptions, Life Insurance, Disability with Manulife;
- Profit Sharing Plan;
- Cellphone, Laptop, Mileage Allowance; and
- Professional development assistance (for educational courses, memberships, etc).
That’s not all! In addition to these great benefits, you will also enjoy taking part in our staff barbeques, holiday parties, and family events. A&T understands the importance of giving back to the community and often collects donations for the foodbank for those in need.
We have an open office where collaboration and team work is encouraged. At A&T, our close-knit team truly wants to see you succeed and will support you every step of the way.
If this is a company you want to work for, and you think you’ve got what it takes, then don’t miss out on this opportunity – Apply Now!
To apply, please visit www.applyfirst.ca/job41123