|Try Anywhere.ca - A Public Photo Gallery Hosting Images Of Canada!|
OMICRON Architectural, Engineering & Construction
In 1998, Omicron was started by people who believed architects, designers, engineers and builders could work together in a more integrated way to deliver a better experience to clients. They were right.
Now, Omicron is the largest integrated real estate, design and construction firm in Western Canada. Close to 200 people share their expertise in our BC and Alberta offices. Together, we are industry leaders.
Omicron is a proud member of Canada’s 50 Best Managed Companies program after winning the award year after year since 2009. We have a distinctly entrepreneurial culture and are committed to delivering on our promise of delivering a better experience to our clients, to our people and to our stakeholders each and every day.
- Ability to work independently as well as lead a multi-disciplinary production team.
- Demonstrated competence in a leadership role on a production team.
- Be detail oriented.
- Capable of translating design intent into construction detailing.
- Capable of working in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- Capable of managing a variety of complex projects simultaneously.
- Believe in balancing work and personal requirements.
- Production role preparing bid documents under the direction of Design Manager.
- Under the direction of Design Manager, assist in the preparation of Construction drawings, including plan/elevations, preparing details from sketches, development permit drawings, construction documents including Specification assist.
- Assist Design Manager in all project phases.
- Preparation of presentation materials using 3D software.
- Production Team Leader on interdisciplinary design/build teams, oversee quality of work, fee compliance, schedule and coordination with in-house design consultants.
- Research materials, technical details through library and manufacturers.
- Conduct research on sustainable products may be required.
- Produce door and room finishes schedules.
- Assist in review of shop drawings.
- Participate in architectural lunch and learn sessions and various other training programs.
- Minimum 8 years of experience within an architectural firm preferably exposed to retail and office interior projects.
- Building Science/Architectural Technology diploma (min 2-year program) or University degree in Architecture required.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD, REVIT (or commitment to learn REVIT), Sketchup, MS Word and Excel.
- Construction documentation experience, including coordination and working drawings.
- Ability to coordinate with engineering documents.
- Must work well as a team member in an inter-disciplinary environment and be a self starter.
- Adobe Photoshop abilities preferred.
- Knowledgeable of BC Building Code required.
- Good communication skills are required.
Please submit resume (MS Word) to email@example.com (automated email).