|Try Anywhere.ca - A Public Photo Gallery Hosting Images Of Canada!|
Black & McDonald Limited is actively seeking an Project Manager – Western Utilities located in Calgary, Alberta. The Project Manager will plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate utility projects from start to finish according to schedule, specifications and budget. Emphasis is placed on estimating, reporting and monitoring progress, planning and scheduling, and dealing with project change under the direction of the Division Manager.
In 1921, William J. McDonald and William R. Black formed Black & McDonald Limited, a partnership to engage in residential wiring. Throughout the years, Black & McDonald has remained a family-owned business with an uncompromising commitment to the founder's principles of delivery as promised and fairness to all.
The company has followed a planned course of diversification and expansion, combining growth and financial stability with ongoing investment in our people, and a willingness to pioneer new business opportunities and directions.
Black & McDonald is an integrated, multi-trade contractor providing electrical, mechanical, utility and maintenance services to government, industrial, commercial and institutional markets.
Currently, Black & McDonald operates across Canada and the United States. The company has over 3,000 employees working out of a network of more than 20 offices.
- Plan, in conjunction with the Division Manager, the execution of projects in accordance with Corporate Policy
- Build and maintain customer and supplier/vendor relationships to enhance competitiveness in the industry and promote good customer relationships
- Prepare and submit utility project budget estimates
- Plan and prepare construction schedules, milestones and monitor progress against established schedules
- Prepare contracts and negotiate revisions, changes and additions to contractual agreements with architects, consultants, clients, suppliers and subcontractors
- Develop and implement quality control programs
- Represent company on matters such as business services and union matters
- Prepare progress reports and issue progress schedules to clients
- Hire and supervise the activities of subcontractors and subordinate staff
- Perform sales calls and visits to potential and existing accounts to generate business
- Review work, contracts, WIP for areas of risk and correct deficiencies
The ideal candidate will be an electrical engineer, CET and/or Licensed Electrical Journeymen with demonstrated experience in the utility industry.
- A University degree in Electrical or Civil Engineering
- Several years of experience in the utility industry, including experience as a supervisor or field superintendent may be beneficial.
- Extensive experience in the utility industry may substitute for post-secondary education requirements.
How to Apply:
Please forward a resume and cover letter to:
Black & McDonald
e-mail: : firstname.lastname@example.org
No phone calls or agencies, please.
If this is an internal candidate, please advise your supervisor prior to applying.