|Try Anywhere.ca - A Public Photo Gallery Hosting Images Of Canada!|
WE EXIST TO BEAUTIFY THE BUILT WORLD.
Heavy Industries is a world leader in the custom fabrication of artwork and architectural elements.
Heavy Industries is seeking a Junior Mechanical Designer to complement our existing Design Team. This is your opportunity to turn concepts from Public Artists, Architects, & Professional Designers from a variety of industries into one-of-a-kind art & architectural elements. In Heavy’s world, iconic design & creative places are built without compromise.
- Direct involvement in the design cycle from concept through production & installation
- Working with internal technical leads to determine the best design for a given project
- Produce and release manufacturing packages including technical drawings, cut files, 3D milling files, etc.
- Selecting the most appropriate materials for quality, cost efficiency & reduction of cycle time
- Continual improvement of Heavy’s mechanical design & drafting quality standards
Required Knowledge & Skills
- Completion of post-secondary education in an industrial design or mechanical design program
- 1-3 years of design or related experience
- Basic knowledge in various design software such as Solidworks, Modo, Rhino, Draftsight, Sketchup, and Adobe Suite
· Basic knowledge of fabrication processes (milling, sculpting, welding, painting/coating, carpentry, concrete, etc. )
- Ability to organize design work and handle multiple projects concurrently
- Experience developing concepts and 3D models
- Results oriented with strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Commitment to quality, accuracy, and thoroughness
- Strong communication skills
Salary is competitive and commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Does this sound like the role for you? Please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Heavy Industries has been beautifying the built world since 2003. As a custom fabricator based in Calgary, Heavy Industries has manufactured and installed some of Canada’s best known public art sculptures and most complex architectural projects. Through technology, experience, and expertise, Heavy Industries has become a single source for designing, project managing, and producing sculpture and custom features for artists, architects, and design professionals. In our world, iconic designs and creative places are built without compromise. www.heavyworld.com
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.