The Calgary Zoological Society is committed to excellence in animal stewardship and conservation leadership. Our staff and volunteers are what make us a success in these activities and keep us focused on our commitment to engage visitors in enjoyable and unique experiences, connect our community with nature, and inspire actions which support conservation. If you would like to be part of this team, we have the following limited termposition available in our Finance department:
Purchasing & Contracts Coordinator
Part time – 20 hours/week, limited term until December 31, 2013
As a representative of the Procurement Department, the Purchasing and Contracts Coordinator provides leadership and support to the procurement activities of the zoo. The individual shall coordinate the documentation required to finalize agreements between the zoo and its vendors.
- Timely formation and administration of purchase orders, contracts, RFPs and RFQs;
- Communicate with requestors and vendors to ensure clear information on all order requirements;
- Assist in procurement functions through management of supplier relationship, quotation solicitation and evaluation, and resolution of invoice issues;
- Expedite and resolve problematic issues to ensure goods and services meet quality standards and are on time;
- Ensure adherence to the Zoo’s policies and procedures;
- Create, execute and administer various contracts while liaising with internal business partners and vendors to ensure best business and legal practices;
- Support implementation of supply and service agreements;
- Support development of preferred vendor list;
- Obtain proof of vendor insurance and WCB clearance;
- Manage the benchmarking practices to ensure the Zoo is receiving fair market value from vendors.
- An undergraduate degree or diploma/certificate or equivalent in relevant field;
- Professional designation is preferred – SCMP
- 2-5 years of related experience;
- Experience with the construction industry in regards to procurement and contracts;
- Advanced MS Office skills in Excel, Word, Outlook, and Financial Edge would be beneficial.
- Strong analytical, critical thinking, negotiation, and problem-solving skills;
- Ability to balance multiple competing priorities; and
- Strong customer focus.
- It requires long periods of time at the computer and will require some mobility on grounds.
If you are ahighly motivated and experienced individual we invite you to send your resume, along with a covering letter, in confidence, no later than January 23, 2013. Please quote the position title in the subject line.