SiMPACT Strategy Group is a specialist agency on the cutting edge of social impact management, measurement and valuation in Canada. We are experiencing significant growth working with non-profit, public sector and corporate clients to increase the value and benefit of investment in community and across society. One of SiMPACT’s core activities is operating LBG (London Benchmarking Group) Canada, a network of companies striving to maximize the value of corporate investment into Canadian communities.
We are also a leading expert in the social return on investment (SROI) methodology – in Canada and around the world. In all our work, we seek to build client capacity in the use of the LBG Canada approach and SROI methodology as planning, program management and evaluation frameworks. Visit www.simpactstrategies.com for further information about our company.
We are seeking someone with an entrepreneurial mindset, who sees themselves as a key player in a fast growing small business. SiMPACT requires a capable, flexible administrator with a talent for organization and a high comfort level with administrative technology, whether it’s providing support to a project leader, attending to office administration needs, or pitching in to help organize an event.
This position is best suited to someone with a clear vision for the role that an excellent administrator plays in a growing business with a national client base. This person will have developed his or her skills through
hands-on office experience in a busy environment. The successful candidate will be required to
communicate with a variety of clients and stakeholders on behalf of the President and Project Leaders. He or she will be rewarded for presenting an impeccable, professional, communication style and mannerism.
The successful candidate will contribute to the development and refinement of the position. It is suitable for someone with:
- Excellent problem-solving and trouble-shooting skills, solutions-orientation, consistent attention to detail and a straight forward, outspoken communication style.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Technologically savvy, with strong Microsoft skills, Excel and PowerPoint in particular. Skilled at document formatting.
- Experience with or willingness to learn online administrative tools including WEBEX, Survey Monkey, Constant Contact, Adobe Illustrator, etc.
- Enjoyment of new ideas and starting projects from scratch.
- Quick thinking skills and ability to take on tasks with little direction. An attitude of continuous improvement.
- A diploma in office administration (or equivalent) and at least 5 years related office experience.
- Familiarity with basic bookkeeping tasks (invoicing, payment tracking).
- Familiarity or eagerness to learn customer management software (i.e. Maximizer), and on-line payment systems such as Paypal are an asset.
The Executive Administrator reports directly to the President however will be called upon to support all members of the team as needed. Currently, there are three team members in Calgary and one in Toronto, with contractors working on various projects. SiMPACT has recently experienced significant growth and has a vision to grow even further.
- General administrative support to company president including direct client communication.
- Ensuring that company-wide messages and meeting information is distributed in a timely and effective manner.
- Implement a system to ensure office supplies are well stocked and within budget guidelines. Coordinate computer requirements with third-party system maintenance consultant, as necessary. Maintain the effective operation and upkeep of equipment: photocopier, fax, printers, computers, telephones. Maintain and manage relationships with contractors and suppliers as they pertain to
- Contribute to the development, implementation and maintenance of office policies and procedures. Maintain an efficient filing system for all administrative and financial documents.
- Participate in staff and team meetings.
- Administer a full, varied, annual program of LBG Canada webinars and workshops, including maintaining event calendar, registration, gathering feedback from participants, etc.
- Support the President in the development of the SROI Canada Network.
- Assist with development of reports & presentations, i.e. proof-reading, production and distribution. Assist with creation, distribution of key materials: newsletters, sales packages, case studies, etc.
- Plan and manage meeting logistics, including room bookings, registration, travel arrangements and catering logistics (benchmarking, fall & committee meetings, SROI training sessions).
- Organization of information flow during multi-agency training and coaching
- Assist with new client on-boarding, including distributions lists, welcome packages, etc.
A minimum of 5 years experience is required, preferably including time spent in a high growth, small business environment. A college, university or relevant technical designations are preferred.
Benefits of working with SiMPACT Strategy Group
- Compensation commensurate with experience
- Health and dental benefits
- Generous vacation and flex-day arrangements
- Flexible working hours
- Collegial working environment
- Opportunities to interact with clients from across Canada
Please be advised, this position is available at our Calgary, Alberta office. Although we welcome applicants from across the country, relocation costs will not be provided.
To Apply: no phone calls please. Interested candidates should email resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org with EXECUTIVE ADMIN within the subject line. Deadline for submission is January 25, 2013.