Winner of a recent award as one of “Canada’s 10 Most Admired Corporate
Cultures”, Desjardins General Insurance Group offers a competitive compensation
and benefits package, excellent training and career development opportunities and a
fast paced work environment where work-life balance is a priority.
To provide tactical guidance and technical expertise to the Sales & Service Team. Ensure that the on-going operations of the team and related areas are performed effectively and efficiently while anticipating and fulfilling the needs of the Client Care Centre. This will include accountability for meeting sales and service objectives, and service levels. It will also include developing and coaching team members to meet customers’ needs and achieve Client Care Centre targets.
- Provide Agents with effective and efficient solutions regarding auto and property products, services, policies, and procedures.
- Provide motivation, coaching, mentoring, training and developmental opportunities to individuals, and to the team, to ensure they are capable of performing at or developing to the necessary professional standards.
- Review and analyze Client Care Centre reports and data and take appropriate action.
- Promote and foster a culture of growth within the Client Care Centre.
- Actively seek opportunities to maximize productivity and enhance the customer experience.
- Build strong relationship with peers including those in other regions of the country.
- Make day to day decisions that balance employee engagement and business needs.
- Promote and enhance department recognition practices.
- Effectively manage attendance, punctuality and performance within the team.
- Maintain highest levels of confidentiality when dealing with sensitive employee issues.
EDUCATION & TECHNICAL COMPETENCIES
- Post secondary education (University Degree with 5 years of related experience or College Diploma with 7 years of related experience) in Business or insurance related stream or experience in lieu.
- Must possess a valid General Agents License (Alberta) or be willing to obtain.
- CIP Designation or enrolled in program is an asset.
- Knowledge of sales systems and underwriting practices is a strong asset.
- Proven Client Care Centre leadership and/or other leadership experience.
- Demonstrated ability to coach, guide, and motivate employees is an asset.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to effectively interact with employees at all levels.
- Demonstrated ability to diffuse tense situations with creative problem solving.
- Solid knowledge of computer applications such as MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint as well as excellent keyboarding skills, is preferable.
- Strong English communication skills both written and verbal are required.
· Deliver results
· Business Acumen
· Customer Focus
· Peer Relationships
· Time Management
· Managerial courage
· Building effective teams
· Developing Direct Reports
Hours of Work: The hours of operations are M-F 8am to 9 pm and Saturday 8am-5 pm. The Section Manager is expected to be able to accommodate a shift within these hours of operation and rotate Saturdays.
Occasional travel may be required.
Please apply through our career sections located on our website Desjardins.com
REPORTS TO: Manager, Client Care Centre – Mississauga