Black & McDonald Limited is actively seeking a Heavy Equipment Operator located in Calgary, Alberta. The Equipment Operator is responsible for the use and operation of heavy construction equipment such excavators, backhoes and dozers in a safe and effective manner. In this position you will be working 50-60 hours per week.
This position will be starting March 1, 2013 and will end on December 31, 2013.
In 1921, William J. McDonald and William R. Black formed Black & McDonald Limited, a partnership to engage in residential wiring. Throughout the years, Black & McDonald has remained a family-owned business with an uncompromising commitment to the founder's principles of delivery as promised and fairness to all.
The company has followed a planned course of diversification and expansion, combining growth and financial stability with ongoing investment in our people, and a willingness to pioneer new business opportunities and directions.
Black & McDonald is an integrated, multi-trade contractor providing electrical, mechanical, utility and maintenance services to government, industrial, commercial and institutional markets.
Currently, Black & McDonald operates across Canada and the United States. The company has over 3,000 employees working out of a network of more than 20 offices.
- Opera te all heavy equipment in a safe and efficient way according to all relevant legislation, policies and procedures
- Perform daily safety and maintenance checks
- Clean heavy equipment as scheduled and/or required
- Ensure heavy equipment is safely and securely stored
- Participate in routine maintenance
- Practice workplace safety
- High School diploma or equivalent is required
- Licensed and experienced Equipment Operator
- Experience with but not limited to excavators, backhoes and dozers
- Previous experience in utilities would be considered an asset
- Previous heavy equipment operation experience in the construction industry would be considered an asset
- Must have a valid drivers license
How to Apply:
Please email your resume to Bruce Reardon email@example.com January 31, 2013.