|Try Anywhere.ca - A Public Photo Gallery Hosting Images Of Canada!|
YOUR TALENT IS WHAT MOVES US FORWARD
Desjardins General Insurance Group Inc. (DGIG) is one of Canada's largest and most successful direct home and auto insurance providers, with 3700 employees across the country and more than 2 million policies in force.
DGIG recognizes and draws upon the talent, work and skills of each one of our employees. Recognized in 2012 as one of Canada’s “Most Admired Corporate Cultures”; selected as one of “Canada’s Top 100 Employers” and honoured with “Canada’s Top Family-Friendly Employers” Awards. We are growing and looking for dynamic individuals to join our team. DGIGoffers a competitive compensation and benefits package, excellent training and career development opportunities and a fast paced work environment where work-life balance is a priority.
Western Direct Insurance was launched in 2011 to provide competitive rates convenience and easy access to home and auto insurance to consumers across Western Canada. It was created through a unique partnership between two of Canada's most dynamic insurance organizations: Western Financial Group and DGIG.
Western Financial Group is a leader in auto, property, commercial insurance and other financial services which it provides to more than 550,000 customers through its offices in over 100 communities across Alberta, British Columbia, Saskatchewan and Manitoba.
We are growing in Calgary and currently looking for great talent!
To provide superior customer service on general property and casualty insurance products (home & auto). Agents will be supporting Western Direct Insurance, The Personal Insurance Company and the Desjardins General Insurance Group. Ensure that duties and tasks are completed in an accurate time-efficient manner, contributing to the overall productivity and efficiency of the Client Care Centre.
- Upon receiving a call, assist customers by applying changes, cancellations and updates to the contract, taking care to meet the customer's needs effectively, while advising and educating in order to ensure the customer's complete satisfaction and retention.
- Establish personalized telephonerapport with the potential customer and create a climate of trust conducive to the sale of a home and/or auto insurance policy.
- Educate and advise our customers on our products, while adhering to the company's underwriting policies.
- Seize all sales opportunities: solicitation and cross-selling.
EDUCATION & TECHNICAL COMPETENCIES
- Post secondary education or High school diploma and relevant work experience would be considered.
- Efficient Computer Navigation and Keyboarding Skills required.
- Strong English communication skills both written and verbal are required.
- Intermediate command of the French language would be an asset.
- 1-2 years' of previous call centre and/or customer service experience would be an asset.
- Previous insurance experience in various property and casualty disciplines, such as underwriting, claims, sales or servicewould be an asset.
- Previous sales experience with the ability to meet established quotas/targets would be an asset.
- Customer Service Oriented
- Action & Results Oriented
- Quality Decision Making
- Ability to Learn
- Interpersonal Skills
- Flexible and Adaptable
- Team Player
- Ability to multi-task
- Thorough and Efficient
As a condition of employment, this position requires the candidate to obtain and maintain a General Agent's License. Mandatory paid training to obtain the General Agent's License will be provided. Successful candidates will be required to work towards their CIP designation by completing one CIP Course every year.
Working Hours & Conditions:
7.5 hour shift for a 37.5 hour/workweek accommodating Client Care Centre hours:
Monday - Friday 8:00 a.m. – 9:00 p.m.
Saturday 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. Rotation
Overtime as required- Flexible working arrangements are also available if qualified
*Shifts will be determined based on seniority in the Client Care Centre*
The starting salary for this role is $40,938
We are currently hiring for a class to start training on March 15, 2013. Candidates mustbe fully available for the twelve weeks training program. Good attendance and punctuality are pre-requisites for consideration for this role.
REPORTS TO: Section Manager, Calgary Client Care Centre
Desjardins General Insurance Group Inc. together with its wholly-owned subsidiaries (including The Personal Insurance Company) and Western Financial Group Inc. together with its wholly-owned subsidiaries (including Western Direct Insurance Inc.) are all affiliated companies owned by Desjardins Group. Applicant’s personal information will be treated with the strictest confidence by Desjardins Group.