Grantech International Inc. GTI, is a quality and results oriented corporation providing project management, conceptual, front end and detailed engineering, procurement, construction management, commissioning and start-up services to the oil and gas industry.
GTI has an immediate opening for an Intermediate Instrumentation & Controls Engineer. This position will report to and work closely with the Instrumentation and Controls Lead Engineer on developing I & C FEED deliverables for the Oil and Gas processing and compression projects.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop Control philosophy and systems description
- Develop I & C systems Design criteria, Architectures and Specifications.
- Develop Control system Design, Schematics and Loop drawings.
- Review and provide inputs to P & ID and Electrical diagrams.
- Study and Develop Interface and integration criteria between DCS and third party equipment, I.e. PLC, SIS, ESD, DCS Historian etc.
- Develop ( I & C) Package plants specifications
- Develop Cause & Effect Diagram Shutdown key.
- Prepare I/O List and mapping chart.
- Prepare Control /Instrument Data Sheets.
- Prepare Instrument Index / List. I & C schedules etc.
- Perform Design Calculations and sizing
- Assist in I& C Specifications, RFQ’s and RFP’s preparations
- Preparing Man-hours estimates and budget as it pertains to I&C scope
- Ensure I&C Engineering work compliance with existing system and client requirements
- Prepare Scope of Work, Basis of Design & Construction packages for I&C.
- Provide Input , review and comment on P&ID’s, Control Philosophies and Narrative Specifications
- Participate in project gate reviews, Cause & Effect Diagrams, HAZOP, LOPA and SIL studies
- Mentoring any Junior Staff Support
- Other Duties as requested by the Lead Engineer within the scope of Instrumentation and Controls.
- 6+ years of experience in Automations and Control systems.
- Completion of college and/or university program in a related field.
- Current design experience in DCS ,SIS ,Communication and Fire & Gas system
- P. Eng. Designation from APEGA or other provincial professional association
- Previous experience in a Design / EPC environment is considered an asset.
- Familiarization with latest applicable Industrial Codes, Standards and Practices.
- Experience in Oil and Gas industry and Compressors is considered as asset.