Reporting to the Project Manager(s) and President, this position will be responsible for developing, implementing and evaluating human resources programs and procedures and advising managers and employees on personnel matters. It also involves benefits administration, identifying and advertising job vacancies, recruiting candidates, and assisting in the selection and reassignment of employees.
Duties and Responsibilities for Human Resources:
- Deliver full recruitment services including front end needs analysis, job postings, sourcing, interviewing, and employee offers.
- Build strong relationships with local organizations, recruitment agencies, educational institutions, learning and development suppliers to enable Grantech to achieve our business objectives.
- Take a lead role in developing partnerships with local educational institutions, identifying and implementing a strong co-op recruitment program.
- Assist with the identification of training needs, the selection, development and delivery of appropriate programs.
- Provide coaching and resources to employees and managers with respect to career development, compensation, staffing initiatives, performance management and employee relations.
- Assist in the development and implementation of programs that will drive increased employee satisfaction and commitment levels.
- Assist in compiling relative HR metrics, analyzing, reporting and identifying trends with recommendations provided.
Duties and Responsibilities for Office Manager:
- Coordinate and set up travel arrangements including airfare, hotel, rental car as needed
- Provide general administrative support including faxing documents, mailing letters etc
- Maintain calendars, schedule meetings
- Generation of monthly financial reports and PowerPoint presentations, as well as prepare expense reports
- Maintain log for employee expense reports and check requests sent to Accounting for payment
- Maintain master contract file and send copies to Garmin HQ
- Work with receptionist to ensure that kitchen is stocked with coffee, cream, paper towels, assist with dishwasher, and making coffee
- Maintain level of required office supplies reordering when necessary
- Sort USPS mail and maintain office postage
- Update contracts with couriers to ensure competitive rates
- Schedule and oversee all maintenance and repair for Grantech facilities
- Oversee renovations and moving of associates to new and existing buildings
- Assist in purchase of new hardware and equipment
- Perform other duties as requested.
- 7+ years working experience, a mix of business and human resource management experience an asset.
- Proven ability to build strong working relationships, internal and external to the organization.
- A self starter with a high degree of initiative.
- A flexible team player with a proven ability to work successfully in a matrix reporting environment.
- Experienced in all aspects of recruitment.
- Strong presentation and facilitation skills.
- Well developed coaching and leadership skills, both on a formal and informal basis.
- Creative, forward thinker.