|Try Anywhere.ca - A Public Photo Gallery Hosting Images Of Canada!|
Administrator/Legal Administrative Assistant
Calvert Home Mortgage Investment Corporation is an Alberta private boutique mortgage lender specializing in short term/interim mortgages, construction mortgages, bridge financing as well as other non-traditional real estate lending. In the last 30 years, CHMIC has become Alberta’s premier lender and are proud to operate in Calgary, and across the province. As a boutique lending company we provide specialized service and tailored lending to match the needs of our customers.
This position is at the centre of the team, assisting with the funding of mortgages, legal follow up, accounts payable, special projects, office management and reception duties to assist the team in managing our portfolio of mortgages.
The ideal candidate will be: detail oriented, analytical, efficient, outgoing, professional, goal driven, dynamic and personable.
What will you do?
- Administrate legal documentation for mortgage funding, lawyers report reviews and follow up to ensure files are correct and complete;
- Mortgage administrationentering mortgage details into mortgage management software with complete accuracy;
- Manage accounts payableensuring bills are correctly categorized and paid weekly, as well as other accounting support functions;
- Office calendar, diary administration and in and out mail and courier administration by keeping up to date on all daily, weekly and monthly tasks, calendar and diary reminders;
- Environment/office managementkeeping our office organized and efficient ensuring that all resources and tools are available for our small team;
- Special projectssuch as researching office management products, management tools, property insurance pricing and other needs as necessary;
- Assist the CEO, CFO, Senior Underwriter and Controller in the delegation of their responsibilities;
- Administrative assistant dutiesassisting the executive team in their duties, including word processing, with special attention to accuracy and completeness;
- Report administration:gathering data and compiling into monthly reports for management;
- Receptionistduties: we have no voice mail and are committed to personally answering each call with the intent of creating a positive and welcoming experience to everyone that interacts with us.
What is Calvert Home Mortgage looking for in you?
- Your organizational abilities– to work on numerous files and with numerous team members at the same time, prioritizing to key individual and team objectives
- Your listening and communication skills– to work in a team environment assisting all team members with their administrative duties effectively; in person and phone reception duties in a professional, courteous and responsive manner
- Your research skills– to review options and compare products and pricing and make recommendations to management
Your drive to learn–to continuously push the limits of your abilities to create value for your career, your team members and our business
Prior experience in the following will be considered an asset:
3-5 years experience in: paralegal or legal office administration; receptionist; administrative assistant; executive assistant.
University and/or college equivalent experience would be considered an asset.
Calvert Home Mortgage is an equitable employer offering a wide range of employee benefits:
- Competitive salary plus bonus program
- Opportunity for share ownership
- Flexible health benefits
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those qualified for the position will be contacted for a brief telephone interview.