|Try Anywhere.ca - A Public Photo Gallery Hosting Images Of Canada!|
HR Business Partner - La Senza
Scope of Responsibilities:
The objective of this role is to provide support to the store organization, Field Leadership and Store Operations teams on all aspects of Human Resources including talent retention and acquisition, associate relations, policy interpretation, and training and development. This position will support all Western provinces (BC, AB, SK, MB).
This position is a 12-16 month maternity leave replacement
- Lead annual ACR (Annual Performance Review) process within region by ensuring content is cascaded accurately and rolled up in an accurate and timely manner.
- Support the cascade and roll out of major H.R. programs within assigned region.
- Support store-focused HR as the HR Business Partner.
- Ensure alignment and consistent execution of HR initiatives.
- Work in partnership with Operational Leaders (District Managers and Regional Manager) to ensure a strong HR partnership.
- Provide consistent communication with HR Manager and HR Director regarding talent and associate relations issues.
- Act as a brand ambassador for the Canadian brands.
- Act as a regional H.R. contact for associate related questions regarding benefits, vacation and other policy items.
Recruiting and Hiring
- Participate in job fairs for key markets.
- Support DM’s with salary recommendations for SM and ASM offers.
- Organize panel interviews for key hires within region i.e. DM’s etc.
- Participate in the interviewing and hiring process for key management roles.
- Participate in regular meetings with Regional and District Managers to share and review HR metrics i.e. turnover reports, and understand the needs of the region.
- Conduct HR on boarding for District Managers and Store management teams, and advise on company programs, benefits and policies (beyond the SLT on-boarding/training).
- Proactively identify talent opportunities with clearly defined recommendations and action plans.
- Facilitate the organization leadership review within the region 2-3 times per year resulting in a clearly defined succession plan for entire region along with identified backfill plans for top volume and focus stores.
- Track and update talent review documents to ensure bi-monthly talent calls with RM have accurate talent data for region.
- Partner with Regional and District Mangers on talent strategy within the region – liaison with central staffing for identified key stores/locations where recruitment effort is required.
- Ensure legal compliance with applicable Provincial Employment Standards Act and Human Rights.
- Thorough knowledge of different provincial legislation pertaining to labour laws and employment standards and common law decisions.
- Partner with District and Store Managers on how to coach and/or discipline employees on performance issues, conflict management and resolution in accordance with company guidelines and open door policy.
- Counsel the District Management team in managing turnover and retaining key talent, while recommending appropriate solutions on candidate selection and interview process and motivation.
- Support Loss Prevention investigations with appropriate HR advice, documentation and counsel.
- Coordinate with the Field Leadership Team to facilitate organizational training and HR objectives within the region (Based on regions needs).
- Coach District Manager teams and supervisors from a people perspective, developing their people management/leadership skills and constructively challenging inappropriate behavior/actions
- Investigate and resolve all associate relations complaints and concerns.
- Manage and Investigate actions plans for all associate relations cases that come through
- Monitor at risk stores through regular visits.
- Complete monthly associate relations pulse check data.
- Train all DM’s on PAR (Positive Associate Relations) program once a year ensuring thorough understanding of positive associate relations concepts and approaches.
- Cascade PAR program to identified high volume stores on an as needed basis.
Health and Safety Program
- Support and reinforce Privacy and Occupational Health and Safety Regulations and guidelines.
- Ensure stores consistently follow the corporate Health and Safety program and all relevant guidelines and required monthly Health and Safety inspections;
- Liaise with Health and Safety Manager on matters specific to stores within region including support in workers’ compensation claims management and return to work programs.
- Partner with Health and Safety Manager, Loss Prevention and DM on store level Workplace Violence prevention and investigations.
- Prepare files for the legal department regarding terminations and ministry of labour complaints.
- Confirm and approve wage increases for associates and send information to payroll.
- Conduct associate relations analysis for store closings to identify appropriate plans for associate transfers, promotions or terminations.
- Support Operations team with store openings by supporting store management placements and ensuring appropriate associate on-boarding, orientation and training.
- Manage action plans regarding staff when stores are closing by conducting full needs analysis for each store impacted, partnering with H.R. Director and liaising with the legal department to ensure all provincial requirements are met
- Minimum of 6 years’ experience in HR, with multi-location responsibility
- Prior HR experience in retail, hospitality or food and beverage industry preferable
- Completion of a Bachelor’s Degree or certificate in HR or equivalent
- Travel (40 % to 50% of the time) within the region is a must, therefore must be willing to travel on short notice, and own a car for business needs
- High level of expertise with employee relations, employment standards, common law decisions and other legislative guidelines
- CHRP designation is an asset
- Union exposure or experience an asset
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office Suite software
- Must be professional, assertive, possessing a sense of urgency, able to work with limited supervision and within a fast paced retail environment
We offer a superior work environment, employee benefits and an employee purchase discount. Please forward your resume to email@example.com.