As a SCADA SALES SUPPORT TECHNICIAN/ENGINEER, your main responsibilities are:
· Troubleshoot and administer the connection of remote monitoring field devices to Maxxam’s internet based software monitoring system and monitor all active remote monitoring system locations for functionality.
· Provide direct technical support to customers via phone, email, and web interfaces to assist them in connecting their devices to the Maxxam internet software monitoring system.
· Work with Maxxam’s software system provider, customer service and business development teams to ensure all customer queries are responded to in a timely manner.
· Maintain consistent communication with management and Maxxam’s software system provider on key project issues, potential client issues and approach to resolutions.
· Collaborate with internal and external field technicians across multiple sites to troubleshoot hardware compatibility and connectivity issues and provide technical solutions.
· Work together with Maxxam’s business development team to identify potential clients and then develop strategies to secure them as customers. Manage client expectations and ensure client satisfaction by developing internal performance standards and process requirements for existing systems, new installations and other additions.
· Travel to site and liaise with internal groups and external clients as required.
You are the ideal SCADA SALES SUPPORT TECHNICIAN/ENGINEER if you have:
· Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or a Technical Diploma from an accredited college in the area of Instrumentation or SCADA systems, or related field.
· Prior experience with real time control systems: SCADA software, programmable logic controllers (PLC), Programmable automation controllers (PAC), smart meters, RTUs, databases or data acquisition systems
· Direct knowledge in digital hardware field monitoring devices that feed signals into SCADA systems
· Fluent in use of general application software such as MS Office applications;
· Excellent analytical skills to resolve business and operations problems
· Good communication skills to consult with users to provide technical assistance
· Experience in working with field/trades personnel across organizational functions and departments
· Able to fluently speak and write in the English language
· Valid driver’s license and the ability to travel to field locations within Western Canada
· Ability to work a flexible schedule that might require coverage outside standard business hours
Successful candidate will require a valid passport; occasional travelling to US will be required