This post has expired! It was posted more than 60 days ago.
Job Title: School Bus Driver
We are in need of dependable, caring people, who like dealing with the public and helping children. Most openings are for full size school buses, but some locations also have smaller school buses & vans. Some also have openings for wheel-chair school purposes vehicles and wheel-chair / smaller vehicle opportunities. Vehicles are all automatic or semi-automatic. You could be driving in the city or in rural highway setting.
Must meet the minimum age requirements to hold a school bus driver’s licence in your province (varies by province).
- Professional experience may be helpful but is not required, as completely free, friendly, professional training is provided.
- Must be willing & able to successfully complete training program.
- Must have at least three years of driving experience, with at least one year in North America.
- Must have strong english speaking & reading skills, as you will be required to read maps, and converse on a two way radio
- Must hold a valid driver’s licence for the province you are applying in.
- Must enjoy driving and working with children.
- Must possess a very good driving record.
- Must communicate clearly in English or French (depending on area and school district requirements).
- Must undergo & pass Ministry prescribed Medical examination.
- Must undergo drug testing, criminal record search, vulnerable sector clearance and other background checks with satisfactory results.
- No criminal record for which a pardon has not been granted.
- Experience working with children & the public, is helpful.
- Must be safety-minded, courteous, and responsive.
- If you enjoy driving & working with children, this could be the perfect, secure, part-time job for you. With this you can also be a part in the student’s education.