|Try Anywhere.ca - A Public Photo Gallery Hosting Images Of Canada!|
Equinox Engineering Ltd. is a Calgary-based EPCM firm. We are a market leader in oil and gas processing specializing in facilities design, implementation and operational assistance for natural gas, conventional and heavy oil projects. Our clients include several of the largest oil & gas producers in Canada and worldwide, and we are currently executing a wide range of sweet gas, sour gas, conventional oil, heavy oil facility and pipeline projects.
We are seekinga Senior Instrumentation Technologist/Engineer to work at our Calgary Head Office.
- Spec and purchase field instruments including electronic and pneumatic transmitters, switches, meter-runs, analyzers, control valves and ESD valves.
- Excellent computer skills including use of engineering and computer software to complete control valve, PSV and flow meter sizing.
- Knowledge and experience applying codes and standards such as CSA, API, ANSI and ISA.
- Proficient in the use of Smartplant Instrumentation (Intools) software.
- Requires a broad knowledge of the application of engineering to plant constructability as applied to construction methods and materials, and the economics involved.
- Experience in Oil & Gas facility projects including some of the following areas: heavy oil facilities, well tie-ins, pipelines, compressor stations, and field gas processing facilities
Education and Qualifications
- Controls Engineering degree [P. Eng. (EIT) preferred]. Or related CET – Industrial Instrumentation Technology.
- Minimum 8 + years oil and gas experience with EPCM background.
- Create I & C engineering documentation including datasheets, P&IDs, control narratives, instrument indexes, control specifications and installation design details. (Knowledge and experience applying codes and standards such as CSA, API, ANSI and ISA would be an asset).
- Knowledge of various electrical components including MCCs, PLC equipment panels and motors.
- Review engineering and construction work packages for content accuracy and quality standards.
- Review vendor and shop drawings for design compliance.
- Prepare engineering QC document as per company and client standards.
- Provide and demonstrate leadership in accordance with Environment Health and Safety program to establishing a strong safety culture within the organization and ensure compliance with health and safety regulations and quality standards.
- Assist in selection of discipline personnel assigned to projects.
- Monitor/supervise the work of junior executors and assist with mentorship and training.
- Interface with the other engineering disciplines to ensure a coordinated design and that project engineering deliverables are completed.
- Direct and/or participate in job site visits to collect or deliver design and engineering data.
- Direct and/or participate in vendor drawings reviews to insure design accuracy and compliance with specifications.
- Direct and/or participate in inspections/testing of instrumentation systems/ vendor skid packages.
- Design, configuration, integration and implementation of process control solutions.
- Assemble bid, approval, and construction issue drawing packages
Equinox Success Statement
Equinox delivers focused & experienced premium teamscustomized with the best technical expertiseto align with client culture and requirementsto ensure successful projectson a repeatable basis.
Equinox offers stability and a diversity of interesting, technically challenging projects. We offer an excellent compensation, benefits, and holiday package.
To forward your resume, please email directly to firstname.lastname@example.org with a reference to the position title –Senior Instrumentation Technologist/Engineer.