This post has expired! It was posted more than 60 days ago.
New Products. New Ideas. New Trico.
Trico Homes is recognized as one of “Canada’s 50 Best Managed Companies” and one of the “Best Workplaces in Canada”. Our corporate vision is to “enhance our customers’ lives while enriching the community.” Trico Homes offers a unique team environment with excellent compensation and complete benefits package, including flexible work schedules, team building and reward activities, 6% RRSP matching, opportunities to volunteer and education reimbursement.
We are currently recruiting for a: Senior Estimator – Multi-Family
This is a full time, permanent position
The Senior Estimator – Multi-Family will be responsible for preconstruction and construction cost management of projects and providing cost advices. He or she will be tasked with preparing and maintaining a list of suppliers and trade contractors. This individual's accuracy is critical to the profitability of the business, as under-estimates may cause significant financial losses and over-estimates may reduce the competitiveness of products. Other duties will be assigned as necessary.
- Prepare preliminary budgets for prospective projects and examine the feasibility based on profit margins.
- Provide cost input in the planning stage of projects with regards to construction costs of base and optional features.
- Prepare specifications.
- Prepare bidding lists and bidding documents.
- Clarify queries from suppliers/ trade contractors during bidding.
- Analyze and approve quotations, negotiate contract prices and terms, coordinate and finalize selection of trades.
- Prepare detailed project budgets.
- Invoice approval.
- Project cost control. Variance approval. Address overrun to Estimating Manager.
- Update budgets periodically to reflect current project costs, profit margins and outstanding payments.
- Review ETCs with regards to the timing and pricing.
- Prepare final accounts.
- Explore new technology in construction and determine the cost implications and feasibility of application.
- Communicate regularly with sites to monitor site variations and extra expenses.
- Review working drawings. Address any missing or incorrect items.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Ability to read and interpret architectural, structural and mechanical blueprints and write specifications
- Knowledge of estimating, lump sum contracts and construction management.
- Mathematical skills and analytical skills necessary to do material and labour estimates.
- Mathematical skills and analytical skills necessary to interpret job cost reports.
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office (excel, word, etc.)
- Proficient with professional estimating programs such as Precision Builder, Profit Builder and Timberline
- Ability to multi task, have flexibility to switch between project bids and work to deadlines.
- Effective verbal and listening communications skills.
- Proactive in ensuring job knowledge is current.
- Respect diversity - treat others with respect.
- Uses initiative and processes a positive attitude towards teamwork.
- Capacity to train and coach other members of the department.
- 10+ years experience in multi-family residential estimating with a Builder/ Developer
- Estimating experience with a General Contracting company is an asset.
- Diploma or degree in Building, Construction Management, Architectural Technologies, Quantity Surveying or equivalent from a recognized technical institute.
- Designation of PQS, CEC or Master Builder is an asset.
Closing Date: Until suitable candidate is found.
If you are seeking an exciting challenge in a workplace where excellence is valued, please send your resume by email to: email@example.com
We appreciate the interest of all candidates, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Please note that a security clearance will be requested prior to employment.