The Recruiter will provide support and be a key member of the Human Resources team. The successful candidate will work closely with the HR Recruiter in the Ft. McMurray office, while reporting to the Manager, Human Resources. This role is a full-time permanent position, located in downtown Calgary; Monday to Friday 8:00am to 5:00pm. This position requires an individual who will work well in a fast-paced, team environment, takes initiative and is dedicated to producing quality, efficiently.
Responsibil ities (not limited to)
· Lead the full- cycle recruitment process for both field-based and office-based positions in Fort McMurray and Calgary office.
o Enter, track, file and screen resumes
o Schedule, arrange and leave interviews
o Collect requirements of employment from candidates, screen references, interview candidates
o Create and update recruitment files, post positions internally and externally
· Responsible for supporting the on-boarding of new hires:
Assist the HR Administrator with orientating new hires, flights, airport pickups
· Update and maintain HRMS system and recruitment spreadsheet
· Build strong working relationships with Managers
· Notify management team of new hires start dates and end date
· Manage the organization of seasonal career fairs, and participate
· Respond to telephone and email inquiries from job seekers
· Delivering exit interviews and ensuring their completion
· Update records with employee changes
· Work in conjunction with the H.R Advisor on new projects and assignments
· Provide support to the HR team when needed
· Occasional travel to Ft. McMurray
· Dedicated to attending various networking events for recruitment functions
Working Conditions Qualifications
• Office environment • 2-3 years in a similar role
• Working indoors • B.A or Human Resources Diploma
• Valid driver’s license • Registered Professional Recruiter designation
• Extended sitting considered an asset
• Experience leading interviews
• Transportation not provided • Results orientated, motivated to meet deadlines
• Fast learner, detail orientated,
professional and motivated
• Exceptional organization, communicationand
Location: Calgary, S.W, Alberta, Canada
Why Work for Terracon Geotechnique?
When you enter the team of Terracon Geotechnique you are part of a safe, respectful, fun and supporting group. Terracon is committed to the safety of all its’ employees, and liaisons. Terracon values its’ employees, that is why we make every effort to reward them with competitive compensation and benefits. Dependent upon the location and job accepted, Terracon offers financial relocation assistance and temporary housing.
*Selected as Alberta Venture Magazine’s “Best Workplaces 2012: Best Workplace for Health and Safety”
*Awarded the Certificate of Recognition in Health and Safety by Alberta Human Resources and Employment for the past 12 years.
The Company’s Overview and Mission:
Terracon Geotechnique is an independent, Canadian consulting firm, wholly owned by its management staff. Established in 1978, the firm diversified and reorganized under the name Terracon Geotechnique Ltd. in 1983. The firm primarily serves the mining industry and the Athabasca Oils Sands region from its administrative office in Calgary and office, soils and concrete laboratory in Fort McMurray.
Terracon Geotechnique Ltd. is committed to achieving peerless safety and environmental benchmarks. We are responsible citizens who are driven by professional integrity and dedicated to extraordinary service. Every team member pledges to establish lasting relationships with our clients by exceeding contractual obligations, and trust through exceptional performance. We help the resource industry enhance their efficiency, accountability and environmentally friendly operations.
We encourage you to submit your resume if you are interested. Please reference the job title you are applying for to:
www.terracon.caPlease note, only successfully applicants will be contacted. No phone calls please