E-Construction is one of Western Canada’s largest paving contractors, with over 500 employees helping us provide our products and services throughout Alberta and the Northwest Territories. Our equipment fleet and shops are among the most modern in our business and we are proud of the 900 plus pieces of equipment.Your Future Role with E-Construction...
E-Construction is seeking experienced Project Managers for our Peace River, Alberta division.
Reporting directly to the Divisional Manager, you will be responsible for completing quantity take-offs, preparing cost estimates, organizing bid bonds, communicating with sub trades, and determining the financial needs for completing projects.
More specifically, you will be required to:
- Assess the type of tender, client and closing date of tender to determine prioritization of all tenders.
- Analyse drawing, specifications and other documentation to prepare comprehensive cost estimates.
- When necessary, refer to previous projects of similar nature for cost comparison.
- Use mathematical equations to determine the amount of material needed by calculating width, length, depth and density.
- Prepare, issue, receive and review supplier and subcontractor proposals and pricing.
- Coordinate with clients on all changes in scope, questions or clarifications regarding the work, during the bidding process.
- Acts as a resource to project management during the award / start-up phase to clarify any issues regarding what was considered in the estimate including materials and methods of construction;
- Reviews budget and project profitability status and goals with supervision and project team as required. Seeks input on corrective measures to continuously improve the identification and accuracy of cost figures;
- Acts as a resource for project management by providing cost information and developing cost estimates for changes in the work, during different construction phases; and
- Other Estimating duties as required.
The ideal candidate will have 3-5 years of experience in civil construction, complemented by 1-2 years of experience in estimating.
You will have a 2 year Technical Diploma in Civil Engineering or equivalent (minimum), plus a PMP or C.E.T (Technical Diploma in Civil Engineering) designation is preferred.
A valid class 5 driver's license and compliance with Drug and Alcohol testing requirements is essential as is your ability to travel out-of-town and to remote locations.
If you are an effective leader with a strong understanding of operations and business processes, this could be the role for you!What you can look forward to...
This is a challenging and rewarding role that will see you play a key role in project success. In recognition of this E-Construction is offering a highly competitive remuneration package, to be negotiated depending on your experience and qualifications.
In addition you will enjoy access to a range of benefits including:
- Medical, Dental and Vision Benefits;
- Short and long term disability;
- Life insurance, accidental death and dismemberment insurance;
- Pension Plan;
- Paid Vacation; and
- Eligibility for Performance Bonus.
Working with one of Western Canada’s largest paving contractors you will enjoy genuine job security with real opportunities for career progression.
In order to facilitate your career development E-Construction will cover the cost of relevant training or courses you wish to pursue.
E-Construction offers a supportive working environment with career opportunities for spouses or family members who wish to join you on the road.
Plus, you'll enjoy access to a number of company sponsored events including Golf Tournaments, Christmas Parties, Wrap-Up Celebrations and more.
Don't miss this exciting opportunity to join an established industry leader, set yourself up for success and apply today!TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION, PLEASE CLICK HERE.