Integrated Environments (IEL) is a Calgary-based energy and environmental consultancy. We provide clients with strategic management and planning services to support project development, regulatory approvals and optimal environmental and social performance. We have expertise in full life-cycle planning and management for a variety of upstream oil and gas and energy projects in Western Canada. Our staff includes environmental and regulatory planners, project managers, environmental and stakeholder engagement specialists.About the Opportunity
Integrated Environments is currently seeking a Vegetation Specialist to join the dynamic terrestrial team on a full time basis. Preferably, you will work from Calgary; however other locations in Alberta will be considered for the perfect candidate.
In this role, your main responsibility will be to lead and build the Vegetation Team, and provide significant input for improving current industry standard programs while improving process efficiencies.
Your specific duties and responsibilities will include:
- Managing, leading, and developing the Vegetation Team;
- Managing projects and clients;
- Providing leadership in reclamation planning;
- Finding and developing business clients and business streams;
- Training and mentoring junior and intermediate staff;
- Participating in meetings involving clients and regulatory bodies;
- Developing vegetation and wetland monitoring programs;
- Performing field work 10-15% of the time; and
- Preparing technical reports for submission to clients and regulating authorities.
To qualify, you will need a Bachelor’s Degree in a related discipline such as Biology, Ecology, or Environmental Science coupled with at least 10 years of related experience (including extensive field experience). It is also required that you have experience in the Oil and Gas sector (oil sands experience will be beneficial). It will be considered an asset if you have your Professional Biology Designation (P.Biol).
The successful candidate will have vegetation field experience within Alberta, including surveys and monitoring. You will also need excellent knowledge of rare plant species, and experience in the preparation of various regulatory reports (EIA, EAP, EFR, PDA etc.). At minimum, you have a basic knowledge in geographic information systems (GIS),
You will do well in the role if you have experience in project management as well as leading a team. In addition, you will join us with excellent time management and communication (verbal and written) skills. In this role, you will be working in both office and field settings, so it is important that you are able to work effectively independently or within a team.
Do you have what it takes to lead the Vegetation team? Read on to see why Integrated Environments is a great place to work!About the Benefits
In exchange for your dedication and commitment on the job, Integrated Environments is offering an attractive salary ranging from $90,000 - $120,000, based on experience.
Employees also enjoy the following benefits:
- Medical and Dental;
- Bonuses and/or RRSP matching;
- Fitness subsidy towards personal health and well being;
- Ownership opportunities for the right candidates;
- Flexible work schedule when required;
- Professional development subsidies; and
- Relocation assistance will be considered for outstanding candidates.
In addition, the office is centrally located close to downtown Calgary and includes free parking! You will find the culture at Integrated Environments to be a friendly, social and supportive atmosphere where Christmas parties, stampede barbeques, and other social get-togethers are normal occurrences.
Integrated Environments provides challenging opportunities and we search for outstanding employees that are tech-savvy and can contribute to our enjoyable work environment – Apply Now!
To apply, please visit www.applyfirst.ca/job43837