This post has expired! It was posted more than 60 days ago.
Plug in your career and come work with the best at Concept!
A rewarding career awaits you at Concept. We offer a competitive salary, a full range of benefits including RRSP, and investment in your training and development as you progress with us throughout your career. This position is located in our Edmonton office.
The Electrical Estimator is responsible for maintaining a proper balance between the profitability of the company and the achievement of total customer satisfaction. The Estimator works with the sales representatives and project managers to prepare cost estimates for all of the company’s business.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES INCLUDE:
- Communicate effectively with the clients, internal project teams, sub-contractors and
suppliers. Accurately quantify bills of materials for quotation.
- Reviews historical data from purchase orders, subcontracts, productivity analysis reports to ensure proper production units and pricing.
- Obtain bid documents and learn and apply tendering processes to produce detailed material take-offs from drawings and specifications.
- Maintain pricing and discount terms and allowances continuously.
- Develop knowledge of best suppliers and competitive prices and stay informed of pricing changes.
- Work with cost accounting to determine hourly rates and production standards for various operations.
- Adhere to Tender Timelines along with active participation in Tender closing.
- Coordinate with project managers to determine overtime requirements of proposed jobs.
- Post secondary education in a related field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience with Maxwell Estimating or Accubid software.
- Minimum of five years’ experience as Estimator or related position.
- Familiarity with use of a CRM is an asset.
- Knowledge of the construction industry.
- Project management background an assset.
- Knowledge of cost accounting and purchasing methods.
- Experience in determining construction labour productivity factors, wage rates, indirect field costs and project adjustment factors.
- Excellent computer and math skills
- Excellent written, verbal, interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Strong analytical skills and proven ability to identify and recommend solutions.
Please apply via the Career section of our website at www.conceptgroup.ca