About the Organization
Owned by our members, Calgary Co-op is one of the largest retail co-operatives in North America. With over 440,000 members, 3,500 employees, assets of $457 million and annual sales over $1 billion, Calgary Co-op is committed to lead in food, petroleum, home health care, pharmacy, travel, and wine, spirits and beer.
Investing over $4 million into the Calgary community each year, Calgary Co-op supports numerous not-for-profit, charitable and community organizations through our Co-op Community Foundation. In addition, guided by a comprehensive vision and strategic direction, Calgary Co-op has received numerous awards and accolades. In 2012 alone, the Co-op was recognized as Best Grocery Store for the 12th consecutive year by the Calgary Herald Readers’ Choice Awards, Best Birthday Cakes from the Calgary’s Child Magazine Parents’ Choice Awards, the Platinum Award from the Bruno Independent Living Aids, and MORE!
About the Opportunity
Co-op Wine Spirits Beer, a division of Calgary Co-op Limited is currently searching for two full-time Store Managers in Edmonton and Calgary, Alberta.
Reporting to the Senior Store Manager, you will chiefly be responsible for the overall operation of your store while improving service, program execution and company profitability. This includes scheduling, appraisals, budgeting and attainment of financial results.
On a regular basis, your primary responsibilities will include:
- Managing the overall image, standards, implementation and adherence to company programs, policies and procedures;
- Liaising with the Senior Manager to recommend improvements, develop/implement mini-action plans, and present progress reports;
- Providing leadership and direction in the development and achievement of store budget objectives in the areas of sales, margins, expenses, profits, EHP and inventory turns;
- Overseeing human resource functions such as scheduling staff, hiring, training, performance management, discipline, recognition, policy and procedure development, administration and enforcement, terminations, and security and union contract compliance;
- Managing the store’s housekeeping, sanitation and maintenance schedules;
- Ensuring the store adheres to Alberta Gaming and Liquor Commission operating guidelines and government regulations in the area of labeling, pricing, sanitation and food safety;
- Providing information, assistance and courteous service to customers;
- Taking inventories, ordering products and supplies, and keeping various records up to date;
- Participating in the development and action of yearly performance work plans and development action plans; and
- Providing leadership in Occupational Health and Safety (OH&S).
To qualify for the role, you must have at least 2 years of retail supervisory experience, and a Grade 12 education at minimum. It will be considered a definite asset if you have previous experience working in retail wines and spirits.
If you consider yourself a true leader who can support, coach, and mentor employees to reach their full potential, you would be an excellent fit for the role. You are a team player, and will lead by example with your commendable customer service skills.
About the Benefits
In exchange for your hard work and dedication, you will receive a highly competitive salary, based on experience. You can also look forward to receiving a myriad of fantastic benefits including:
- Pension Plan;
- Life Insurance;
- Long Term Disability;
- Opportunities to earn performance bonuses;
- 3 weeks vacation to start (accrued based on your start date);
- Tuition Assistance Program and Scholarship Program;
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) available in the areas of Personal Well-Being, Relationships and Family, Legal, Financial, Child and Elder Care, Workplace Challenges, Addictions, and Nutrition and Health; and
- Performance Recognition and Service Awards!
That’s not all! We understand the importance of teamwork and building relationships at work. One of the ways we do this is by having social committees that organize various events throughout the year.
So if you think you have the leadership skills and experience to take the reigns at one of the largest retail co-operatives in North America, apply now!
Thank you for you interest. You will be contacted for further information and an interview if required, and/or advised when the position has been filled.
To apply, pleaes visit www.applyfirst.ca/job41509. Email applications will not be accepted. You must apply to the link provided here.