|Try Anywhere.ca - A Public Photo Gallery Hosting Images Of Canada!|
Hollyburn Properties Limited is a forward thinking property management company dedicated to providing only the finest rental apartment homes in Vancouver, Calgary, Toronto & Ottawa. Our exceptional buildings are in the most desirable neighbourhoods. We are committed to providing our valued employees with a quality working environment. We support teamwork and provide training for our employees so they can achieve the highest level of professionalism in the industry.
The Resident Manager contributes to Hollyburn’s goals by positively representing Hollyburn to our Residents. The Resident Manager ensures excellent and responsive service to resident requests, and provides a clean, well maintained and secure building. Ensures profitability through effective revenue and expense management.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Enforces the provisions of the Residential Tenancy Act.
- Responds to tenant inquiries in keeping with the Company Mission to provide exceptional customer service.
- Supervises the building, including common areas, to ensure security and safety of all tenants, the employees and agents of Hollyburn. Oversees the Building Emergency Response Plan and conducts monthly tests of emergency generators and fire alarm systems.
- Manages the rental process for tenants including all required paper work for the rental of suites, parking and / or storage lockers. Facilitates credit and reference checks for prospective tenants.
- Creates move-in and move-out reports for each tenant using the Condition Inspection Report.
- Promotes company-wide marketing initiatives including referring tenants to other Buildings in the Hollyburn Properties portfolio.
- Manages all building maintenance requirements to the highest standards. This includes cleaning all common areas, supervising contractors and logging work performed, and conducting minor repairs as necessary. Regularly conducts building inspections and makes recommendations for preventative maintenance. Notifies management concerning need for major repairs.
- Keeps proper books and accounts for the Building as per accounting requirements, attends to the collection and safe deposit of all rent monies and other amounts receivable from tenants.
- Prepares vacant suites for new tenants by completing necessary repairs, upgrades and/or cleaning.
- Maintains an inventory of all supplies received and used.
- May oversee and supervise an Assistant Resident Manager.
- Must be able to live on-site in a one bedroom - no pet building
- Must have good understanding of the English language. This includes both written and verbal communication.
- Be physically able to carry out all necessary duties. Must be physically able to Lift, push, pull, carry up to 25-50 lbs
- Minimum of 2 years of related experience in Housekeeping or Building Management
- Experience with being painting & maintenance repairs is an asset
- Bookkeeping or other related administrative experience is an asset
- Strong working knowledge of theResidential Tenancy Act
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Presentation and sales skills are necessary to market suites to prospective tenants.
- Attention to detail and accuracy, even as priorities change and urgencies intervene.
- Experience working safely with cleaning and other chemicals used in building operations.
- Ability to be flexible and self-motivated and to take initiative.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment where mutual support is essential.
- Ability to work a varied schedule including evenings and weekends.
- Must be a Resident of Canada or possess the appropriate documentation to legally work in Canada. All documentation must be current.