Preschool Teacher Job Description
Where: SW Central Calgary
- September 2013 to June 2014
- Monday, Wednesday’s and Friday’s from 8:55 AM to 11:25 AM and 12:40 to 3:20 PM and additional class preparation time of 4.5 hours per week. A total commitment averaging 23.5 hours per week; (including teaching, prep, miscellaneous duties, meetings, etc.)
Description of Preschool:
A Preschool teacher for a four year old preschool class is required. The preschool is a non-profit cooperative parent-run program that strives to provide a positive, cooperative and caring environment where four year olds can come together to learn and explore through age-appropriate play, activities and materials. The preschool provides a setting where the teacher and children interact through play so that each child will further develop their sense of self and others. Our goal is to ensure that the preschool is a positive and enriching experience for each child. Both structured and unstructured activities, in addition to a number of play-centered activities, are used to satisfy the developmental needs of the child. Types of play areas include craft tables; painting centre; dress-up and house centres; a small library with books and puzzles; sand table; a space for music and creative movement; and, access to outdoor play areas and the school gymnasium. As a cooperative program, parent participation is vital to the success of our school. All parents are required to be involved in the program through volunteering in the classroom and participation in the day to day operations of the school.
Responsibilities of Teacher:
- Implement a developmentally appropriate preschool program. Provide a monthly calendar of these activities. The program implemented should meet the physical, emotional, intellectual and social needs of the children in the program.
- Provide various experiences and activities for children including songs, games and storytelling.
- Build children’s self esteem.
- Comfort children.
- Ensure children are supervised at all times.
- Establish routines and provide positive guidance.
- Provide a safe and secure environment for children to feel comfortable.
- Implement positive discipline when required.
- Clearly and effectively communicate in a manner that children understand.
- Willing to work with parent volunteers in the classroom.
Skills and Knowledge of Teacher:
- Child Development Assistant Course or Early Childhood Education Course
- Current First Aid Certification
- Excellent verbal and listening communications skills
- Police Information Check
Personal Attributes of Teacher:
- Positive attitude with a love to spend time and interact with kids
- Calm, kind and patient
- Compassionate and understanding
- The ability to build esteem while ensuring a safe and secure environment
- Be flexible but consistent and fair
For enquires or further information please send email to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you would like to apply for the job please send resume email@example.com