|Try Anywhere.ca - A Public Photo Gallery Hosting Images Of Canada!|
Position Title: Training Programs Coordinator
Posting Number: 13-009
The Centre for Newcomers is an Alberta leader in providing settlement and career services to immigrants. Our mission is to achieve the integration of newcomers in the community, through services and initiatives that promote diversity, participation and citizenship.
The Role: Reporting to the Programs Manager, theTraining Programs Coordinatorprovides direct supervision and leadership to a diverse staff engaged in delivering occupational training and other preparatory counselling services to program clients. In addition to the Business Communications for Accountants program, the unique EthniCity Catering program is included in this portfolio. Cross functional coordination of program initiatives and appropriate supervision of assigned staff will lead to newcomer clients better equipped to achieve positive social and economic integration outcomes. Some evening and weekend work will be required.
- Creating implementation plans and proposals supported by research and program contract,
- Recruiting, selecting, training, supervising and supporting program staff,
- Coordinating and conducting research and promotion to ensure client and employer partner recruitment, assessment, selection and registration,
- Ensuring training curriculum is aligned with contract deliverables and desired outcomes,
- Collaborating cross-functionally to ensure client employment and practicum opportunities,
- Monitoring and reporting on budgets, program results and outcomes,
- Identifying and addressing opportunities and challenges in a timely manner,
- Recommending continual improvement to program plans procedures .
- University degree in business is an asset,
- Previous program management or program coordination experience,
- Supervisory experience complemented by demonstrated leadership skills,
- Familiarity with existing and emerging resources, trends and policies in employment and immigration,
- Culturally competent and sensitive to settlement and transition issues experienced by newcomers to Canada,
- Research and program marketing skills & experience,
- Excellent communication skills; written and oral presentation.
To apply, please forward your cover letter & resume quoting the posting 13-009 to:
Posting opens July 5, 2013 and closes July 19, 2013.
Thank you for your interest. Only candidates short-listed will be contacted.