|Try Anywhere.ca - A Public Photo Gallery Hosting Images Of Canada!|
The Data Analyst will work closely with the Operations Team Leads to execute upon their assigned content acquisition, transformation and delivery responsibilities. The ideal candidate will be comfortable working in a collaborative team environment and contributing across all of GDM’s content domains. In general this role will be responsible for executing GDM’s operational procedures with a focus on continuously measuring the quality of their deliverables against content accuracy, completeness and consistency requirements.
- With direction from the Team Leads, take responsibility for their assigned Operational content acquisition, transformation and delivery procedures ensuring they adhere to content requirements and process standards.
- Under the responsibility of the Team Leads, provide input into the establishment, maintenance and enhancement of Operational procedures.
- Under the responsibility of the Production Coordinator, assist in the delivery of GDM content to distributors and clients as required.
- Establish and maintain a collaborative relationship with the other Data Analysts to gain experience across all of GDM’s content domains and to provide backup support where required.
- Maintain excellent external relations through an understanding of Government Agency and Client needs, timely problem resolution and status reporting.
- Dem on strated experience with the use of mapping technologies to accurately represent the position of assets.
- Knowledge of coordinate reference systems.
- Demonstrated experience with Spatial ETL technologies to automate procedures.
- Familiar with SQL for data queries, inputs and deletions.
- Track commitments and report progress on targeted delivery dates.
- Comfortable engaging in a collaborative and continuous improvement team environment.
- Adhere to project management methodology standards and best practices.
- Degree or Certification from a recognized institution in Computer Science, GIS, Geomatics, Geography or equivalent
- Minimum 2 years experience in oil and gas technical data management.
- Strong computer skills, with particular focus on ESRI ArcGIS, SAFE FME, SQL Server Management Studio and general understanding of network communications and web environments.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the Oil and Gas industry with particular focus on surface and near surface information.
- Demonstrated organizational and problem solving skill.
- Highly organized, analytical, detail and action oriented.
- Motivated, passionate and a self-starter.
- Strong planning and organizational skills.
- Strong interpersonal and excellent communication skills, (both verbal and written) with the ability to translate details into effect high-level communication.
- Ability to work collaboratively and bring ideas forward on best ways to deliver results.
- Ability to capture input and formulate into an actionable plan.