|Try Anywhere.ca - A Public Photo Gallery Hosting Images Of Canada!|
ASPHALT PAVER OPERATOR
Peace River, AB
We are looking for a professional and enthusiastic, seasonal ASPHALT PAVER OPERATOR, to work full-time in Peace River, AB.
Reporting to the Foreman, the Paver Operator is responsible for the safe and efficient operation of the asphalt paver. This position operates paving machines to spread and level hot mix paving material on subgrade of highways and streets with the aid of stakes and level gauges to ensure mix is placed to the proper grade and thickness.
- Operate the paver and other heavy equipment in a safe and appropriate manner.
- Preheat paving screed before placement of asphalt and monitor and control temperature settings of the asphalt mixture.
- Manually light burners to start hearing units of the paver and regulate screed temperature.
- Operate the Paver controls to lower the screed auger, control the hopper, and navigate the direction of the paver.
- Align the paving machine into position when receiving asphalt by dump truck, and maintain constant flow of asphalt into hopper; ease paver forward, safely pushing dump truck along construction surface.
- Observe distribution of paving materials along screed and control the direction of the screed to eliminate voids at curbs and joints.
- Line paver appropriately to the work area, and ensure proper application of the asphalt, smoothing it evenly to the desired height, width, and depth
- Regulate temperature of asphalt flowing from hopper
- Train new employees in the safe and efficient operation of the Paver.
- Operate other heavy equipment and other construction related duties as required.
- High School Diploma or G.E.D. preferred
- Class 5 Drivers License
- Minimum 3 to 5 years’ experience within the road construction industry
- 2 to 3 years’ experience operating a Paver is required.
- Knowledge of base construction methods, road construction materials, heavy equipment operation and industry requirements.
- Must be physically able to repetitively lift and carry at least 50 LBS on a regular basis.
- Use of Personal Protection Equipment is required.
- Use of sunscreen, long sleeves, and appropriate headgear is recommended.
- Must comply with the company’s drug and alcohol testing requirements.
- Willing to work out of town and in remote locations, as required.
- Willing to work overtime, as required.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
We are pleased to offer the successful candidate an attractive wage, comprehensive benefits, including a pension plan, educational assistance, company provided accommodations (for those who qualify), excellent opportunities for professional growth, and more.
To apply for this exciting opportunity, please visit our website at http://www.ecltd.ca and apply online. You can also send your resume to email@example.com or by fax to 780.467.8384.